FIFTEEN

Aria stood with the other residents as Bailey looked at her. "Grey your with Shepherd in Neuro." Bailey told her as Aria nodded slightly.

"You could be more enthusiastic. He'll be your brother in law one day." Alex said trying to wind her up.

"Shut it Karev." Aria snapped quietly before Bailey told him and Izzie they'd be in the Pit. The two continued to complain before Aria went to find Derek.
~
"All right. What do we got?" Derek asks with Aria trailing behind him.

"Take a look. The thing's bigger than a baseball." Alex says as Aria looked at the scans.

"It's right behind his eyes." Aria said in shock while Derek smiled slightly.

"This should be fun. Grey you ready to scrub in?" Derek says looking at the eldest Grey who nodded in response. "Page stevens." Derek says to Alex.

"She left the guy with me." Alex says to them as Aria could tell he was lying.

"She gave you the case?" Derek asked confused looking at the resident.

"Yeah,well,izzie felt bad for me.You know,figured this would cheer me up." Alex said causing Aria to roll her eyes at him.

"In that case,you're gonna help us pull this thing out." Derek says looking at both of the residents.

"You Liar." Aria mouthed to Alex who smirked at her while she walked away with Derek.
~
"So I'll make an incision ear to ear then peel down the face." Mark says while he and Derek look over the scans.

"And I'll crack open his forehead,pull the tumor right out." Derek says to him.

"And we need to keep a close eye on the optic nerve.Somebody twitches,and this guy's blind.
Which one of your roommates will be assisting?" Mark jokes making Derek roll his eyes.

"Grey and karev." Derek says while Mark smiles at him.

"Oh,great. Have you got twin A or Twin B?" Mark asks causing Derek to look at him confused. "Aria is Twin A and Your girlfriend is twin B." Mark says as Derek rolls his eyes.

"We've got Aria." Derek says while Mark cheers causing Derek to rolls his eyes.

"Dr. Shepherd,I want back on this case.This is my patient. Alex stole him from me.Remember when I was telling you that--" Izzie tried to reason with Derek

"I don't give a crap about your personal problems.I have a resident.I don't need another one." Derek says to her.

"Dr. Shepherd." Aria says as she walks into the imaging room with Alex.

"Yes?" Derek asks looking at the eldest Grey.

"Patient's in his room if you want to go over the procedure with him." Aria says before Derek nods his head.

"Great." He says giving her a weak smile.

"You son of a bitch." Izzie snarled at Alex who grinned.

"Go cry to somebody who cares." Alex says before Aria smacked the back on his head.

"Stop being such a jerk." She snapped at him before following after Derek. Alex rubbed his head before catching up to Aria.
~
"Shouldn't you be checking on your patient with Derek?" Mark said with a teasing smile while Aria rolls her eyes.

"He's got Karev. And there's only so much Derek I can handle lately." Aria admitted while Mark watched her.

"What's with you and karev?" Mark questioned the eldest Grey who looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" Aria said having no clue what Mark was referring to.

"Oh come on the endless flirting and him basically undressing you with his eyes. Are you two-" Mark tried to ask before Aria shoved her hand across his mouth.

"Don't finish that sentence Mark sloan. Alex and I are friends. It might be hard for you to understand but men and women can be friends without wanting to rip each others clothes off." Aria sarcastically remarked while Mark rolled his eyes.

"You keep telling yourself that. You two have something even Stevens can see it." Mark says before walking away before Aria could make another remark.
~
"She played you. I warned you." Aria said smirking at Alex who glared at her.

"You don't have to be so smug about it." Alex said watching her while Aria smiled at him.

"You want to be a shark? Then don't stop until your are unstoppable." Aria said patting his cheek while Alex chuckled.

"Where did you hear that?" Alex said looking at Aria.

"It was in one of Lexie's magazines. I guess that's what I get for snooping in her locker for food." Aria says handing Alex a bag of chips while she ate the other packet she found.

Arias pager went off as she groaned seeing it was Derek. "See you on the other side karev." She saluted before heading to the O.R.
~
Aria worked with Mark and Derek to remove the tumour from their patient. "Cowboys don't have friends." Mark said looking at Izzie who was feeling bad for Alex.

"You can be competitive and still have friends. It shouldn't be personal and if you take it personal then your in the wrong hospital." Aria says while Mark and Izzie looked at her.

"She's right." Derek mumbled while Mark pulled faces at the both of them.
~
Aria walked out as she ran into George who was grinning brightly. "Aria I passed." He exclaimed while Aria smiled at him.

"Well Done O'Malley. Meet me at Joes later I'll buy you a drink." She said as George nodded before going to find Izzie and her sister.

Aria looked at Lexie who was looking after George. "Do you have feelings for him?" Aria asks as Lexie looks at her older sister.

"What?! No! I mean he passed. I'm happy for my friend." Lexie stuttered while Aria smiled at her.

"You are such a Grey. I'm thirsty let's go to Joes I'm buying." Aria says wrapping her arm around Lexie's shoulder. "You shouldn't go there." Aria said while Lexie looked at her.

"Why would you say that? I wouldn't but why?" Lexie said looking at Aria.

"George's track record isn't the best and he's really trying to focus on surgery. I just don't want you to get hurt. But I'll support you no matter what." Aria say before the Grey sisters headed to Joe's.
~
Aria sat with Lexie as the two were laughing together. Meredith looked over at Aria part of her filled with jealousy and other part missing her sister.

Meredith turned back to their friends while Aria looked over at her. She wasn't ready to forgive Meredith yet. She wanted to but Meredith hadn't given her any reason to. Aria almost felt as if she was fine without her.

One thing was both of the twins had their mother's stubbornness. The two of them had once gone an entire two months without talking during their backpacking trip.

Meredith had been the first to break since Aria was very good at avoiding pretty much anything. She was good at avoiding people when she wanted but also her emotions. She was a kind and caring person but she was strong. She wouldn't let anyone see her hurt or struggling.

But Alex could see how much she was hurting. Meredith was her sister and her everything but she felt like she was losing her. Alex was trying to cheer her up but sometimes she just needed her sister.