FOURTEEN

Aria was eating her breakfast as Derek, Izzie and Alex came into the kitchen. "Since when did we have to move out?" Izzie questioned Aria who took a bite of her toast.

Aria looked confused between the three of them. "No one has to move out." Aria said looking the three of them.

"Then why was he measuring my room for his new office?" Izzie said pointing at Derek as Aria looked at him.

Aria scoffed. "I had no idea Iz you best take it up with Meredith. Because apparently my opinion doesn't matter anymore. This house is as much mine as it Meredith's." Aria snapped looking at Derek who sighed even though the two had just got back on better terms.Aria shook her head before grabbing her food as she went to get changed for work.
~
Aria walked over to Meredith. " You don't learn do you?" She snapped at her younger sister.

"Aria listen-" Meredith tried to reason with her sister who shook her head.

"No don't bother. Izzie and Alex aren't going anywhere. It's not just your house it's mine too. But go ahead keep pretending like I don't exist." Aria snapped walking away before going to find the other residents.
~
Aria sat with Izzie as they listened to Richard talk about the new teaching protocol he was enforcing. "So what have we got today?" Aria asks looking at Mark who smiles at her.

"I thought he would have shipped you onto Cardio or something." Mark says since all the residents had been moved onto different services.

"I've logged hours in cardio and Neuro this week. So now I'm back in plastics." Aria smiled before Mark chuckled at her.

"Let's go Twin A." He said as aria followed him to see their patients.
~
"Dr Shepherd, a word." Mark said as Aria and Lexie trailed behind him.

"Excuse me. Yes?" Derek said looking at the trio.

"You mind if I run a quick test on your patient?" Mark asked him as Derek scrunched up his face slightly.

"He's in a lot of pain. I don't think he needs a tummy tuck." Derek says causing Aria to roll her eyes.

"That's funny. No, Dr Grey came to me with an interesting idea.Unlike you, I'm taking the Chief's
new teaching protocol seriously so I listened." Mark says as Aria bit her lip trying not to laugh.

"I read a thing about swelling and compression of the ethmoid nerve.I believe if we were to stick a cottle elevator up his nose..." Lexie explained as Derek looked at her.

"I'm sorry, up his nose?" Cristina questioned them.

"If Dr Grey is on the right track, the patient will let us know." Mark says to Derek.

"OK." Derek says as Mark headed over to the patient. Aria stood beside Derek and Cristina.

"Mr Patmore, I'm Dr Sloan,head of plastic surgery and an ear, nose and throat specialist.
I'd like to run a test with your permission." Mark introduces himself.

"I've seen 16 ENT's. Not one could help me." He tells Mark.

"Now breathe normally.I'm gonna angle this into here.Let me know when you feel any... pain or anything." Mark says as he begins to run his test.

"That's it. That's the pain!That's what's causing the pain.Oh, my God! Oh, my God." Mr Patmore cried out.

"Anterior ethmoid neurovascular complex.A simple middle turbinectomy will fix it.Unless you still want to chop out the front of his brain." Mark says with Aria following him the pair letting out a small chuckle.
~
Meredith had been talking to her patients Shelly as she brought Aria up. "My sister Aria she's angry at me all the time. It just seems I can't do anything right." Meredith says looking away from her patient.

"Have you tried asking her?" Shelly says looking at Meredith.

"Every time I try and talk to her well it ends with her shouting at me. She's never really been mad at me our whole lives. Well apart from when we were travelling and I had this friend. They hated each other and I didn't listen to Aria I kind of pushed her away without realising what I was doing. That's why she's mad it's happening again." Meredith says coming to the realisation of why Aria was so mad at her.

"You should talk to her. You know sisters can be protective but in the end they are just trying to look out for you." Shelly says thinking about her own sister.

"Thank you Shelly." Meredith said smiling at her patient.
~
Aria sat talking and eating with a third year resident. The two of them were quite good friends. The other residents sat watching the two of them messing around. "Who's that with your sister?" George asks causing them all to look at Aria.

"That's Adam Cooper. He's a third year." Meredith says watching her sister while Alex watches Aria with an angered expression.

"Do you reckon their a thing?" Alex asks while Cristina smirked at his expression.

"Why are you jealous Karev?" Cristina teased him as Meredith rolled her eyes at the pair. She was well aware Alex had a thing for Aria but what she didn't get was aria used to tell her this stuff.

"I don't think they are. I mean she hasn't said owt to me." Meredith says as Lexie perked up.

"She's mentioned him a few times. They're really good friends." Lexie said while Alex and Meredith both seemed angry or annoyed maybe.
~
Aria had helped move most of the patients to other hospitals as she found Alex. She hit the back of his head as he looked up at her confused. "What was that for?" Alex exclaimed while Aria smiled at him.

"For letting a ceiling collapse on top of you. Your an ass but I don't mind that. So I'd like you to stick around a bit longer." Aria smirked as Alex smiled slightly rolling his eyes.

"Are you sure your boyfriend would be okay with that?" Alex asked causing Aria to furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"My boyfriend?" She questioned him as Alex looked at her.

"Adam Cooper. Third year?" Alex says as Aria smirks at him.

"Oh Adam? We're just friends and he wants me to set him up with Izzie. We're you jealous Karev?" Aria asks smirking as Alex looked offended.

"No definitely not. He really has a thing for Izzie?" Alex asks her.

"Yeah he has for a while. And he's actually meeting me at Joes if you want to join." Aria says as Alex looks at her.

"Sure I'll be there." Alex says trying not to smile at her.

"Good." Aria says before walking away as Alex shook his head trying to suppress the smile that was on his lips.
~
Alex and Aria headed home as Alex had just met Adam. "See I told you he has a thing for Izzie." Aria says as Alex looks at her.

"I get it now. You aren't going to let this go are you?" He questions the oldest Grey who smiles at him.

"Not anytime soon. It's been good just being us again I've missed it." Aria answered honestly as Alex looked at her.

"Yeah me too." Alex said before the two found Izzie and Meredith talking. "Hello." Alex said before he and Aria headed inside to their rooms.

Meredith looked at Izzie. "Is there something going on between them two?" Meredith asks.

"I'm not sure. Shouldn't you know I thought you two shared everything?" Izzie said looking at Meredith.

"We used to but i guess we both just started living our own lives." Meredith said looking at the front door.

"Your the most important person in Aria's life that obvious. But she's not the most important in your life maybe not even in the top three and I think she feels that." Izzie said before Meredith headed inside as she talked to Derek.

"And for a long time is was just me and Aria. But now we've got all these people but I'll always chose my sister. She wants them here and so do I. So they're all staying Derek because there my family and so are you. But Aria is my family more than anyone so there staying." Meredith said while Derek smiled at her. Meredith went to sit beside him with a smile on her lips.