TWELVE

Aria had spent whole night with Tom as she showed him around Seattle. Aria had the day off so the two of them had decided to go get lunch somewhere quiet. "You came up here for a girl?" Aria asks him as she sat eating her food.

"You say it like it's nothing. She's the one I know it." Tom says looking at Aria as she smiled at him.

"Tell me about her." Aria asks taking a sip of her drink while Tom smiles.

"Well we were high school sweethearts and she was just so smart. She's got these beautiful green eyes and I just fall more in love with them every time I see her. And she's kind like to everyone and she never judges anyone for anything. But she's pregnant and I guess I just freaked out." Tom says as Aria looks at him.

"How come?" Aria asks as Tom sighs looking at Aria as she watches him.

"My dad never really stuck around when i was younger. He was constantly in out of my life till I was 10 and then I didn't see him again until I made it to the major league. He came in telling me how proud he was to have me as his son. I don't want to be that for my kid and when she told me I guess I wasn't sure I wanted a baby." He says as Aria sympathies with him.

"I had bad parents too and believe me I wouldn't wish them on any child. But this is your turn to break the cycle to show up for your kid starting now. You clearly love her and this baby is just an addition of the love you share. You need to find her and tell her how you feel." Aria instructs him before finishing her food.

"Thank you for listening and you know that friend of yours is really lucky. Even if nothing happens between the two of you then he's lucky to call you his friend. But take some of your own advice and talk to him." Tom tells her as Aria smiled at him glad she'd found a friend in him.
~
Tom dropped Aria off at her house before she turned to him. "Good luck with Katie shes sounds like a great person. Now if your ever back in Seattle we should catch up." Aria tells him while Tom smiles at her.

"Yeah and if you ever find yourself in San Francisco come to a game. Your an extraordinary person Aria Grey and the people in your life are lucky to have you. Maybe well catch each other again one day but if we don't then it was great getting to be your friend for the day. And I hope things work out with your friend." Tom says before Aria hugs him quickly before he sets off and she heads into the house.
~
Aria finished showering and getting changed as Arias phone rang and it was Izzie. "Hey Iz everything okay?" Aria asks as she heads downstairs.

"You need to get to the hospital its Alex I could really do with your help." Izzie begged knowing Aria was the only one who could talk any sense into him.

"I'll set off now I'll be there as soon as I can." She told Izzie before grabbing her keys and heading to the hospital.
~
Aria walked over to where Izzie and Alex where shouting at one another. "Alex." Aria says looking at her friend as he looks between her and Izzie.

"She's just going through a bad patch.People go through a bad patch.All right?I can feed her and I can...I can change her,and I can bathe her and I can watch her.Until the bad patch is over,I can take care of her. I took care of my mom, and I can take care of her." Alex says while Izzie looks at aria who was watching Alex.

"You've done this before." Aria mumbled while Alex watched her and everything was finally making sense. He was trying to protect his friend like he had to protect his mom.

"I've done this before.I have done this before,Ari.
But I was a kid then, and I'm a man now, so I'll be better at it.I have done this before." Alex pleased looking at Aria.

"Stop.You don't have to say anymore." Aria says to him as her hand finds his. She squeezed his hand as he looked at them and then at Aria.
~
Aria sat beside Alex as she handed him a bottle of beer while he stared at the wall. "Why do I just draw crazy? Why can't it be someone else for a change?" Alex says as Aria turned to look at him.

"I don't know. But I do know that you deserve better. Better than anything you were ever given it just might take time." Aria says to him as he watches her.

"Or maybe it's been right in front of me all along." Alex says as he looks at Aria studying each of her features. Alex eyes landed on her lips as Aria looked at him. The two leaned in as their lips connected moving in sync with one another.

The door opening caused Aria to pull away as Izzie walked in. "Hey." Izzie said looking at them.

"Hey." Aria says back as Alex just sat watching Aria who had moved away from him slightly.

"Either of you want to get a pizza?" Izzie asks them as Aria looks at her.

"Yeah sure I'm just going to shower quickly shout me when it's here." Aria says quickly rushing up the stairs while Alex sat in the same place.

"Is she okay?" Izzie asks seeing Aria bolt up the stairs while Alex looks at after her.

"I think she's had a long day. Didn't come home last night so you know. I'll go order the pizza." Alex says walking into the kitchen as he grabbed the phone. However both to their minds were on the kiss they shared moments before. This was about to change everything.