TWENTY EIGHT

Aria stood in the kitchen making breakfast before Alex walked in looking up at her. "Your making breakfast?" He asks pouring a cup of coffee for himself.

"Izzie usually makes breakfast for everyone." Aria mumbled before looking up at Alex. She wasn't sure what to do with the circumstances as everyone was worried for their friend. Aria had been going to keep Izzie company with Meredith and other residents.

Meredith walked into the kitchen followed by Derek as the two looked at the couple. "We're going to head to the hospital. It's good to see you back." Aria smiled slightly at Derek before Alex followed behind her. Aria sent a quick smile to her twin before continuing to get ready for work.
~
"You four.OK. I understand why you're here.I know you wanna help.But I will be the resident on her case today.I will be preping her for surgery.And if you going into that hospital room today,You'll do so as her friends. Izzie needs her people around her. She needs you tell her everything will be fine.She needs you hold her hands.She needs you. Not more doctors. Understood?Great. Let's get started." Bailey says to her residents before they joined the rests of the doctors.

Dr. Webber stepped in to explain the situation to Izzie. "As you know, you've got stage IV metastatic melanoma. We've got a series of surgeries and procedures lined up for you in the coming weeks. We've noticed some METS on your liver, so Dr. Bailey and I will be resecting them. We've also brought in Dr. Parker from O.B. to harvest as many healthy eggs as possible before any radiation treatment."

Izzie mumbled, her thoughts drifting to the idea of having babies. She glanced around the room, taking in all the surgeons and her friends. "Babies," she whispered.

"But today, our main focus is addressing the temporal lobe mets in your brain. We need to act fast to catch it. These things can cause headaches, seizures, and intense hallucinations. But I'm confident that I can remove them all and hopefully clear up any delusions you may be experiencing," Derek explained to Izzie, who simply nodded in response.

The residents stepped back as the oncologist took the lead, discussing Izzie's treatment plan. Aria exchanged a knowing look with Meredith, understanding her sister's concern for Derek but also recognizing that their primary goal was to support Izzie in this challenging time.
~
Aria finished rounding on her patients for Arizona since she was on her service today. Aria handed her notes to the nurse before she ran into Adam. "Oh hey." Aria greeted him with a small smile while he looked at her slightly awkward.

"Hey. How's Izzie?" He asks looking at Aria who offered him a sympathetic smile before the two walked down the hallway.

"You could go see her for yourself. I'm sure she would appreciate seeing you." Aria suggested before her idea was quickly shot down with a look from Adam.

"She doesn't want to see me." He mumbled causing Aria to stop in front of him.

"I know things between the two of you didn't end on the best of term but she needs all the support she can get." Aria said sternly watching her friend while he sighed.

"I don't know what i'm supposed to say to her." Adam tried to reason before Aria scoffed in response.

"Just say anything. You still care about her don't you? Well right now she needs you to be her friend." Aria said to him before walking away. Izzie had made the decision to stop seeing Adam before it got more serious due to her cancer however this was before evryone was aware. Aria still held out hope that the two would work past this and Izzie would get all the supports she needed right now.
~
Aria walked towards the group of residents who were talking about if any of them had been to see Izzie. "Izzie's fine i went to check on her while Robbins was in surgery." Aria says before they all exchanged a look which she quickly noticed. "She needs all of our support." Aria said looking at the others before Meredith nodded her head.

"Yeah your right. I'll check in when I get a moment." Meredith said before Aria looked at the others who focussed on their meals. Aria sighed before beginning to eat her own food.
~
Aria walked towards Meredith who was waiting beside the O.R board before Alex stood beside her. "Surgery Started." Meredith told them before Aria nodded leaning her head against Alex chest while he wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

"Hey, have they started the surgery?" Cristina questions looking at the other residents before Alex looks towards her.

"Yeah." He mumbled before resting his head on Aria's before Izzie's interns joined the four residents who awaited the outcome of their friends surgery.

"Dr. Grey, we were wondering, Did Dr. Stevens' surgery start yet or--" One of the interns asks looking at Meredith who looked towards them.

"Keep it moving. no loitering in the o.r. hallway.That's the rule." Meredith said trying to focus on Izzie and worrying about the outcome of the surgery since it was also Derek's first surgery back since he lost his patient.

"If they want to stay, let 'em stay.People are better than no people." Alex says looking at Meredith who gives him a look of confusion along with Crisitna. Before the group waited patiently on the news of their friend.
~
Aria stood waiting along with the other's before Adam stood beside her while she sent him a small smile. "Has there been any news?" He asks while the others watch the two and mingle in their own conversations.

"We're still waiting." Aria told him before he nodded leaning on the counter beside her.

"You were right about what you said earlier and I'll be here as long as she needs me.I do care about her because i'm in love with her." He smiled which Aria quickly returned before going to stand with Alex once again.

Bailey approached the surgeons who gathered outside of the O.R hallway to show support for Izzie before they all began firing questions at her. "Shepherd was able to resect all of the tumor. She'll be in the pacu for about an hour.She's fine. Your friend is just fine, no thanks to any of you. Tomorrow, do better." Bailey instructed her group of residents who all nodded knowing that Izzie needed them.
~
Aria stood outside Izzie's room while she watched Adam sat beside her beside holding her hand. Alex stood beside Aria watching their friend before he turned to look at her. "Do you want go home?" He asks before Aria turned smiling at him slightly.

"Yeah lets go home." She mumbled before Alex took her hand leading her to the locker room where they both changed out of their scrubs. Once the two were ready they headed back to the house which was comletely quiet since everyone was elsewhere. Alex went to grab the bottles of beer while Aria laid on the couch. He lifted her feet up before the two got comfortable just enjoying the company of one another.