TWENTY THREE

Aria's eyes drifted open as she looked at the clock on her beside table. It was nearly time to get up for work. Alex had his arms wrapped around her waist as she tried to untangle herself from him. However he held her tighter and pulled her closer to him.

"Where are you going?" Alex mumbled half asleep while Aria groaned.

"We need to get ready for work." Aria replied trying to untangle herself but he just held on tighter.

"You've got 20 more minutes." He says to her before closing his eyes again.

"20 minutes I could spend eating breakfast let me go." Aria said to him as she turned to face him.

Alex opened his eyes slightly before shaking his head. "Just stay here." Alex says as Aria decided to give up and laid her head on his chest.

"I'm too tired to fight you." Aria mumbled closing her eyes while he smiled knowing he had won.
~
Aria finished checking on her patient as Derek walked up to her. "You got a minute?" He asks as Aria nods at him.

"Sure what do you need?" She asks as Derek pulls out a ring box showing Aria the ring his mother had given him.

"You know people might get the wrong idea your a nice enough guy and all but I wouldn't do that to my sister." Aria says with a smirk while Derek chuckles at her antics.

"You're spending too much time with Karev. What do you think? I'm going to give it to her but I didn't know if it would need updating to a more modern style." Derek says looking slightly nervous while Aria smiles at him.

"It's perfect I'm sure she'll love it. Any ideas of how your going to pop the question?" Aria asks while the two walked down the hallway.

"I'm not entirely sure yet. Any suggestions?" He asks as Aria looks at him.

"Keep it simple Mer isn't one for big gestures and just be you. She seems to like that I wouldn't have a slight idea why." Aria says as Derek pushes her lightly while the two laugh.

"You think she'll say yes?" He asks her while she looks at him.

"I'd say you've got a good chance. I need to go but if you need any help planning you know where I am." Aria says before her pager goes off and she heads to find her attending.
~
Aria had heard about Marks misfortune as she stood opposite him in the on call room. Her lips were tightly sealed together to prevent her from laughing.

"Who even let you in here?" He groaned from the pain and the fact Aria was winding him up as usual.

"Torres asked me to make you didn't well cause any further damage." Aria said before she broke out laughing.

"It's not even funny." Mark states as Aria tries to calm herself down but fails.

"It is. It could only happen to you." Aria chuckled watching him before Torres came back dismissing her.
~
Aria was taking one of her patients for a scan as Adam ran towards her. "Hey long time no see." Adam says looking at her.

"Hey well you've been busy with Izzie how's it going?" She asks looking at him.

"It's been good I guess." He says sounding slightly uncertain as Aria looks at him.

"What's up with you?" She asks confused as she knows how much he liked Izzie before they started dating.

"Izzie does she seem okay to you?" He asks Aria who looks at her.

"Yeah she seems good I mean she has her moments but we all do. Why? What's going on?" Aria asks looking at him.

"I'm not sure just something doesn't seem right with her." He says while Aria stops placing her hand on his upper arm.

"Try talking to her. She might be going through something." Aria says as Adam smiles at her.

"Yeah I will I need to get going I'm on Nelson's service and he needs these results so I'll catch you later." He says smiling at her.

"Yeah sounds like a plan." Aria says before taking her patient to the scanning room.
~
Aria was filling out her patients file while Alex snuck up behind her. He placed a coffee and blueberry muffin in front of her. Aria smiled already knowing who was behind her. "How did the surgery go?" Aria asks turning to face Alex as she ate her muffin.

"The liver and intestines show no signs of rejection. Now we just wait for him to wake up and hope there isn't any permanent damage." He says as Aria smiles at him.

"That's good how about Joes tonight for a drink?" Aria questions him.

"Yeah I've got some patients to check on but I'll meet you there after I'm done." He suggest to her as she smiles.

"Yeah perfect." Aria says before Alex kisses her and goes to check on his patients.
~
Aria spotted Lexie in the hallway, just as she was changing out of her scrubs. "Lexie, whatever plans you have, cancel them. You're coming to Joe's with me for a drink," Aria declared, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

Lexie looked at her sister, curiosity in her eyes. "What's the occasion?" she asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"No occasion at all," Aria replied, her voice filled with excitement. "I just realized it's been ages since we've had a proper sister hangout. Alex is still busy with his patients, and I refuse to sit alone at home. So, come on, let's go!"

Lexie nodded, a hint of a smile forming on her face. "Fine, let's go because I could really use a drink," she said, causing Aria to chuckle.

And so, the two Grey sisters set off for Joe's, their laughter and conversation filling the air as they walked side by side. The evening was filled with stories, shared memories, and the clinking of glasses. It was a night to remember, a reminder of the unbreakable bond between sisters.