TWENTY TWO

Aria sat beside George as Meredith was freaking out about Derek's mom visiting. "Ten bucks says she tanks in the first five minutes." Alex says as Aria shoots him a glare to which he winks at her.

"I have faith in Death." Sadie says as Alex snorts looking at the youngest Grey twin.

"She's holding that bottle of tequila like it's a life vest."Alex says while Aria moves and hits his head before taking his beer and sipping it.

"That's mine." He groaned as Aria sat on his lap.

"It's also my bed you've been sleeping in." Aria chuckles at him while he rolls his eyes at her before wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Don't listen to them. She'll love you." George says to her.

"No. Mothers don't love me.Mothers like bright
and bubbly and happy and...Izzie. Mothers love Izzie." Meredith says as Izzie walks in.

"They do.Mothers do love lzzie.I stashed all the tequila,took the condoms out of the cookie jar.
I replaced all your trashy magazines with back issues of Annals of Surgery.OK?Does it smell musty in here?" Izzie says to them while Aria chuckles resting her head on Alex's shoulder.

"My mom's house smells like peppermint.It's homey." George says while Aria looks at him.

"My house isn't homey?" Meredith says to them.

"I was raised in a hell hole.This place is a palace." Alex says taking a sip of his beer as Aria kissed his cheek.

"Why isn't my house homey George?" Meredith says as she was freaking out.

"I can't explain it. It's just a feeling!" He snapped at her while Aria and Alex chuckled.

"Izzie can't fix a feeling!" Meredith snapped back.

"She's freaking out.Tell her something I can fix." Izzie says looking at all of them.

"Rebecca peed on that couch cushion." Alex says as Aria scrunched her face is disgust moving away from him slightly.

"I've been sleeping there for weeks." Sadie said looking at Aria and Alex who had become more clingy with one another. The two however weren't yet official but still acted like a couple.

"Thanks, Alex. You're a good friend." Meredith says smiling at him.

"You're welcome. Keep drinking." Alex says to her while Aria mocked him. Alex tickled her sides causing her to let out a fit of giggles.
~
"Mer looks weird.Does she look weird to you?" Izzie says walking towards Aria and Alex who were filling out patient files.

"Like she's gonna pee her pants." Alex chuckled while Aria looked at her sister.

"Crap. I made her hydrate." Izzie says while Aria looks at them.

"She's never met anyone's mother like this before." Aria chuckled as Alex looks at her.

"Meeting the family always blows.I'd never make you do that." Alex says to her before going to check on his patient.

"He'd have to make it official first and he gets out of it because my mother isn't here and my father doesn't remember I exist most days." Aria says to Izzie before she goes to check on her patients.
~
Alex had gone with Arizona to collect the organs as she was trying to make conversation with him. "I wish you could get organs delivered instead of having to go pick them up.I hate flying. I always feel much closer to death on a plane than in the OR.Don't you?" Arizona asks looking at Alex.

"I do now." Alex mumbles looking out of the window.

"I met Aria the other day.She's very pretty. She could be a great paediatric surgeon.So do you think she's the one?" Arizona says to Alex.

"I... I don't know." He says looking at her slightly before turning back to the window.

"Well, we're at that age, right?Marriage, babies.
That the plan?" Arizona says to him.

"I don't know!I'm sorry, I don't make plans, OK?
If there's a future, great. If not, I'll get over it. I always do." Alex says to her while Arizona watches him.

He was scared he didn't know if  he could love anyone as much as he did Aria Grey. She wasn't officially his either and he was already in love with her. Was she the one for him? Or would she be the first to break his heart?
~
Aria was quickly grabbing some food from the cafeteria since she was covering the E.R. Her eyes landed on Mark and Lexie sitting together. Aria walked over to the other residents who had been watching Meredith with Dereks mother. "Is something going on with Lexie and Sloan?" She asks looking at George.

"What?! Lexie wouldn't go for someone like Sloan." George says to the eldest Grey as the e watched Mark walk away from the interns.

"Yeah maybe your right." Aria says as her pager goes off sending her back to help in the E.R.
~
Aria got into her room as she took her shoes off as Alex walked in after her. "Hey how was your day with Robbins?" She smiled looking up at him.

"It was fine." He says leaning down and pressing his lips against hers.

"What's that for?" She smiled as he sat beside her.

"Let's just say that us sealing the deal." He smirked at her while Aria looked at him.

"Hmm and what deal would that be Alex Karev?" She asks him smiling at him.

"We're making this official." He says as Aria looks at him expectantly. "Are you really going to make me say it?" He asks looking at her.

"I think it's the least you can do." She says to him before he inhaled slightly looking at her.

"Only you could make me do this. Will you officially be my girlfriend?" He said quickly while Aria chuckled at him.

"Hmm can I have time to think about it?" She says jokingly while he rolls his eyes at her. "I'd like that." She mumbles pressing her lips against his.

Alex cupped her face with his hands as he tilted her head up. "You drive me crazy." He stated before kissing her again while she giggled and kissed him back.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- They are finally Official I didn't know if to wait longer but it just seemed to fit. How do you think Aria will react to Mark and Lexie?