EIGHT

Aria headed down the stairs as Alex stood waiting for her. "Ah she awakes." Alex comments while Aria rolls her eyes walking straight past him and into the kitchen.

She pours herself some coffee as Alex follows her with Lexie who had been staying with them. "What's he doing here?" Aria asks looking at Derek while he looked at her.

"Dude, what the hell is that?" Alex asks looking at Derek who was eating an omelette Meredith made.

"Meredith cooked. She wanted to do something nice for Lexie." Derek says while Aria looked at both her sisters.

"You cooked for me?" Lexie asks Meredith who gives her a small smile.

"It's no big deal. Just...eggs and avocado and whatever cheese that was in the fridge." Meredith says looking at Lexie.

"Oh, I love, um, avocados." Lexie says smiling at Meredith.

"Is it okay?" Meredith asks her while Lexie nods causing Aria to roll her eyes.

"Give me a break." Aria mumbled while they all looked at her before she headed off to get ready for the day.

"What's up with her?" Meredith questioned while Lexie and Alex shrugged their shoulders having no idea what was going on with the eldest Grey.
~
"Don't worry your pretty little head about it, Sloan. Karev..." Erica says looking at Mark while Aria watched the scene play out.

"Have you noticed that even when you're insulting me,you manage to tell me how pretty I am?" Mark says to which Aria rolls her eyes.

"It wasn't meant as a compliment."Erica says to him.

"Is this like a gender reversal thing with you, where you're the big man on campus and I'm the hot blonde whose ponytail you can't stop pulling?" Mark says trying to flirt with her.

"Why don't you get that I just don't like you,that I think you are a crass, predatory ape of man who just happens to be a decent surgeon?" Erica says while Aria and Alex exchange looks trying not to laugh.

"You want to heal someone?Heal her." Mark says walking away while Aria chuckles before going to follow him as she was on his service. Alex watched her walk away while she taunted Mark before he turned back to his patient.
~
Aria stood beside Alex as they looked at baby tucks films. "Bailey wants to know if Tuck's films are ready.Is that...?What's that shadow?Where's his heart?" Meredith asks looking at the other residents.

"You can't see it because..." Aria says looking at her twin sister.

"His stomach's in his chest." Alex finished looking at the scans.

"There's visceral herniation,a positive collar sign." Cristina says to Meredith as Bailey walks into the imaging room.

"Which indicates a diaphragmatic hernia.It's a ruptured diaphragm, which...is the least of his problems,cause the force of the trauma injured his thoracic aorta.You see this, in the chest cavity next to the stomach?That's colon.And around the colon is fluid,which could mean the colon is ruptured and there's fecal matter floating around that could infect the aortic repair, and that... Complication can be fatal." Bailey says to them while they all look down as she talks about her son.

"What are y'all standing around for?Page Hahn and the chief.Book an OR." Bailey instructs all of them as they all walk away going to what they need to do.
~
Aria finished up with a patient as she walked out to find George waiting for her. "What's up George? Is Tuck okay?" Aria asks looking at her friend.

"He's still in surgery but it's about Meredith I may have said something I shouldn't." George says while Aria looks at him with a stern expression.

"What did you do?" Aria asks him while he shuffled around.

"Well it was about Derek and Rose-" George said while Aria looked at him.

"What have they done now?" Aria asks leaving George slightly confused.

"You knew they kissed? And you didn't mention it to her." George says looking at Aria.

"So that's what you told her and I was trying to protect her trying to find a way of telling her without hurting her. Look thanks for telling me but don't worry I'll check on her." Aria says handing her file to the nurse before going to find Meredith.
~
Aria catches up to Meredith. "Mer wait." Aria called out while her sister turned to her with her eyes glazed over. "I'm so sorry I should've to you yesterday." Aria says while Meredith looked at her sister.

"You knew?! That's why you were acting like that this morning. It's make sense now. You should've told me." Meredith says while Aria felt guilty looking at her.

"I wanted to I just didn't want to see you get hurt." Aria says looking at her sister who shook her head.

"Well how do you think that worked out Aria?!" Meredith snapped before she walked away from her sister. Aria watched her walk away before she went to check in with Tuck.
~
Aria found Alex as she grabbed his arm while he looked at her confused. "What are you doing?" Alex asks her confused.

"I want a drink and I don't drink alone. So your coming and we are getting a drink at Joes because I think Meredith hates me. Bailey nearly lost her child today so we're drinking please." Aria said looking at Alex.

"Yeah fine let me change first." Alex said while Aria smiled at him.

"Fine meet me out front in 10 minutes." Aria instructed him before going to find her things. Alex chuckled at her before going to get changed.