TWENTY ONE

Aria stood beside George as they waited for Bailey. "Okay,we gotta move fast,people,so focus.
Uh,O'Malley ,the pit. Karev,you're with me.We've got a surgery. Aria your with Sloan.Stevens,the clinic budget is due.Yang,grey,wait for the chief at the trauma bay." Bailey says to them.

"What? Why?" Cristina says rudely as she looks at Bailey.

"Both of us?" Meredith groans from beside Aria.

"Yes,both of you.I don't know what. I don't know why.Just go." Bailey instructed them.

"They're all silent rage-Y." Izzie says to Alex and Aria who nod before going to their respective tasks.
~
"Hi there." Lexie says looking at Mark with a small smile.

"What are you doing?" He says looking at her cautiously.

"I'm saying hello." She said innocently while Mark sighs.

"Listen...my best friend made one simple request
that I not get anywhere near you--and I slipped.
It was fantastic. You're fantastic.But it's not gonna happen again... ever. And your sister is extremely scary." Mark shivered at the thought of Aria or Derek finding out what happened.

"Okay." Lexie smiled at him walking away as Aria walked towards Mark looking between them both. Mark smiles scarily at her before walking to his patients room.
~
Aria walked towards Mark as she looked at George, Sadie and Lexie. "This is a lot of people." Aria mumbled looking at her attending.

"Ah my favourite Grey. We're just too good they all want to learn from me." Mark says confidently while Aria rolls her eyes.

"Can't I round on your patients or something?" Aria asks while Mark rolls his eyes this time.

"No your assisting me. Your like one of the only competent residents we have." He mumbled to Aria who smiled at him.

"Fine let's get this over with." Aria said walking into the patients room.

"You've got a tumor on a little gland in your neck." Mark told their patient who looked at him in disbelief.

"Come...on." Margaret called out.

"She does that. Margaret,uh,the tumours benign, and it's not hard to remove.Dr. Harris." George says to Sadie.

"A parathyroid tumor tells your body to leech the calcium out of your bones.That's why you've had so many fractures." Sadie says to her.

"Once we take the tumour out,you'll be back to normal." Callie tells Margaret.

"Come on!" She called out again while Aria bit her lip smiling slightly at her reaction.

"Margaret,this is good news." George says looking at the patient.

"I've been living like an old lady.I don't take the stairs, I gave up running,skiing.I sit and I knit and I hope that the knitting doesn't break a finger-- all because of a tumor?" Margaret asks looking at the surgeons.

"A tumor that's benign and easy to remove." Aria tells her.

"Come on! There was a guy.I fell in love with
the most amazing guy.He was sweet,kind-- best sex of my life, and he had to move to denver,and he wanted me to move with him,and I didn't because denver is icy.There were too many ways
for me to slip and fall.So I lose my guy and I break all these bones from a bone-sucking tumor?Are you kidding me?" She says looking at them.

"Sorry. From the lab,Dr. Sloan. Did you need something else?" Lexie says to Mark while Aria watches Lexie, Callie and Mark interact.

"This is torture." Mark mumbled to Callie.

"focus." She snapped at him.
~
Aria sat quietly listening to the others while they all discussed their surgeries. "Why are you being so quiet?" Meredith says looking at her twin sister.

"No reason." Aria says as she yawns as Sadie looks at her.

"It seems Karev is keeping her up." Sadie mumbled to Meredith while they both chuckled.

"Why don't you mind your own business and remember who's house your staying in." Aria smiled tightly as she got up walking away from the the group of residents and interns.

"It was only supposed to be a joke." Sadie said looking at the residents who looked at her.

"Did she really seem in the mood?" Alex said before they began talking about other issues like Izzie's birthday.
~
Aria had decided to go check on some of the babies in the nursery. She held a little girl who had been left outside a firehouse. "She likes you." Someone comments as Aria looks at the blonde she didn't recognise.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" Aria asks looking at the attending.

"Arizona Robbins the new paediatric attending. And you must be Grey." She says looking at Aria who smiled.

"Yeah Aria Grey second year resident." Aria says placing the little girl back into the crib.

"Didn't your shift finish a while ago?" Arizona asks her while she checks on the other babies in the nursery.

"Yeah but she'll be leaving in the morning with her new parents. So I thought I'd stop by and say goodbye." Aria says smiling at the baby girl.

"You assisted Dr Kenley on her case?" Arizona asks her.

"Yeah she's a fighter. How did you know who i was?" Aria asks looking at Arizona.

"The nurses seem to love you and so do many of the children. It looks like you could make an incredible paediatric surgeon one day." Arizona says smiling at the resident.

"Thank you." Aria says she never really thought about becoming a paediatric surgeon. People would expect her to be a general surgeon like Ellis. But Aria was always proving how different she was from her mother. The Eldest Grey may have inherited her talent and surgical skills but her compassion and empathy were her own.
~
Aria sat beside Alex as she handed him a bottle of beer. "Meredith and Derek are dancing around the living room." Aria comments while she laughs slightly.

"So they are talking again?" Alex says before aria nods at him.

"It would seem so and now we just need her and Yang to make up." Aria says before the two flicked through the tv trying to find something to watch.