FOUR

Aria walked down the stairs yawning before heading into the kitchen. Alex and Izzie were carving pumpkins and baking while Aria looked at her sister. "What's that?" Izzie questioned Meredith.

"Our mother." Aria said looking at her sister and the bag of ashes.

"Happy Freakin' Halloween." Alex says while they all look at Meredith slightly confused and concerned.
~
"What are we looking at?" Cristina asks as she joins the residents in the locker room.

"Meredith put her mom in a baggie and brought her to work." Izzie says while Alex looked at Aria who was sitting beside him looking at her sister as if she had gone crazy.

"I had to get her out of my closet. She was haunting me." Meredith said looking at the bag of ashes.

"And now she's haunting us all." Aria said looking at her sister.

"We're putting her to rest." Meredith instructed her older sister who looked at her.

"Today? Do we have to?" Aria said causing Meredith to glare at her while she held her hands up giving in.

"Meredith is cleansing.In tribal culture,when one
wants to cleanse the past,one cuts off all of one's ha and buries it in the earth.You might try that,too." Sydney says to them while Aria groans before Callie and Bailey walk in giving them their assignments for the day. Callie also told them all about George and Izzie sleeping together.
~
"You dropped her on the floor. How did you even manage that? Wait why were you carrying her around?" Aria questioned Meredith who had dropped their mothers ashes.

"I was moving her to my car. She was freaking people out." Meredith said looking at the oldest Grey who shook her head bewildered.

"Why do we have to do this all of a sudden?" Aria questions looking at her twin.

"Because we need move on. We need to deal with her.I need to evolve I need to prove to Derek that's I'm evolving." Meredith says while Aria looks at her younger sister sighing.

"Meredith." Aria said with a stern look.

"No Aria we are dealing with this today one way or another." Meredith says walking away from her twin sister who lets out a sigh.
~
"I did. I tried." Aria bellowed looking at her mom who was standing in front of her.

"Then try harder Aria!" Ellis exclaimed looking at her oldest daughter who shook her head.

"Why is nothing I do ever good enough for you?" Aria questioned Ellis who let out a small chuckle.

"Because I raised you better then this. I raised you to be an extraordinary human. Yet you keep disappointing me." Ellis said causing Aria to scoff at her mothers words.

"I guess I'm just a disappointment then." Aria scoffed walking out of the houses.

Aria was pulled out of her thoughts as one of nurses called her. Aria looked up as she saw Alex with Ava causing her to scowl slightly. "Everything okay Dr Grey?" One of her interns asks looking at Aria.

"Yeah fine. Let's go to the clinic." Aria said not looking at Alex again. However he was watching her before he turned back to Ava.
~
Aria was eating her lunch as Alex sat beside her stealing some of her fries. "Go get you own." Aria said hitting his hand away.

"Did you hear about the guy who used a chainsaw to amputate his own leg?" Alex asks while Aria nodded slightly not really engaging in his conversation.

"So I saw Ava was in the E.R two of you seemed close." Aria says before she continues to eat her lunch.

"She wanted to see me but she's gone now." Alex said simply causing Aria to furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"What? You just sent her on her way?" Aria questions him while he simply nods in response and steal more of her food.

"Yeah told her I wasn't interested and she shouldn't come back. Now let's talk about chainsaw guy." Alex says causing Aria to smile slightly before the two began laughing with one another.
~
"I see the rumours are true then." Aria says while she stands beside Mark who smiles at her.

"What rumours?" Mark questions her while Aria smiles slightly.

"The nurses have formed their own hate club against you. Dr Sloan maybe there's a lesson to be learnt in all of this." Aria says looking at Mark.

"What would that be?" Mark questions the eldest Grey who smirks at him.

"Stop sleeping with the nurses or anyone in this hospital for that matter." Aria says causing Mark to shake his head while they eldest Grey walked away laughing.
~
"I've got an idea of what to do with her ashes." Meredith says looking at Aria who looks up at her.

"I'm listening." Aria says as Meredith told her what she thought they should do with Ellis ashes. Aria agreed with Meredith before two headed off together.
~
The Grey twins stood beside one another as they let Ellis ashes down the sink of the scrub room. Richard walked in looking at the twins. "Greys." He said neither of them looked up.

"Chief." They replied together continuing to let their mother go.

"What are you doing? This is a sterile environment." Richard says while Aria looks up at him.

"It's our mother." She replied before looking at Meredith.

"We think this is where she'd want to be." Meredith said while they both looked at him. Richard looked at the twins before he stood beside them.

"Should we say a prayer?" He asked the twin causing aria to shake her head.

"She didn't believe in anything." Aria said to him before he looked at them and began reciting his own words letting the ashes in his hand wash away along with the twins.