TEN

"Who would like to present?" Hahn asked while Alex raised his hand along with the other residents and interns.

"Uh,kyra marshall,history of end-stage cardiomyopathy and C.O.P.D,Now awaiting a heart transplant,but her antibody levels were so elevated, she was in danger of rejecting any donor heart." Alex recited as Hahn gave him the patients chart.

"So how did we counteract that?" Hahn asks them looking between both the Grey Sisters.

"We've been giving her high levels of chemotherapy to suppress her immune system." Lexie says as Hahn selects her while Aria pulls a face which Lexie smiles at slightly.

"And what precautions have we taken to  make sure that she is not exposed to infection?Yang,am I boring you? Because if you'd rather spend the day in the morgue,I have about 50 cadaver hearts that  need to be harvested for my research.So kyra marshall's protocols... " Hahn said looking at Cristina who looked to be miles away after finding out Burke had a chance at a Harper Avery award.

"I would love to go to the morgue.Thank you." Cristina says while Aria looks at her slightly concerned.

"Let yang be an example to all of you.There is no shame in grunt work.Now let's meet our mom in a plastic bubble." Hahn says before leading the group to meet the patient who was very distraught. This was due to being stuck in the bubble however Erica managed to calm her down.
~
Aria handed her file to the nurse as Mark walked beside her causing her to look at him. "Morning Dr Sloan." Aria said while Mark continued to smile at her.

"Your friends with the nurses right? I mean they all seem to like you." Mark says while Aria looks at him knowing what he was going to ask her as she had heard the rumours.

"Sorry Mark but I'm not speaking to the nurses for you." Aria says as she headed into one of her patients room to complete their checks.

"Come on I thought we were friends. They like you and you just need to tell them I'm a good guy." Mark says as Aria cuts him off before he can continue.

"No Mark Sloan you need to get yourself out of this mess. I'm respected with the nurses and I'd like to keep it that way now if you don't mind I've got a patient to check." Aria instructs as she pushes Mark out into the hallway and shuts the door.

Aria rested her head against the now shut door before she smiles at her patient. She then headed over to continue the routine checks she had been instructed to do.
~
Aria grabbed a coffee as she saw her friends and sister sat at a table. "Aria you need to fill out one of these." George says while Aria looks at the form before looking at him.

"Seriously is this to do with Sloan?" Aria says while George shrugs his shoulders while she quickly fills out the form handing it back to him.

Alex looked up at her trying to look at her form while Aria pulls a face at him. "What are you doing?" Aria questions her friend.

"Who have you been screwing?" Alex asks while aria rolled her eyes at him.

"That doesn't concern you karev." Aria says while Meredith looks at the two of them. She notices Alex expression while Aria drinks her coffee.

"She was screwing that guy from Radiology last year and then that guy from Ortho." Meredith says while Aria glares at her.

"Meredith!" Aria exclaimed while Alex looked at his friend a slight frown on his face which her sister noticed. Aria looked at Meredith before her pager goes off. Aria groans slightly before going to answer her pager.
~
Aria walked past a patients room who Alex was working on as she smiled slightly before going to grab a patients file. Aria stood watching for a little while as she saw what he did for his patient.

She watched on as Alex and Izzie got into a heated conversation before he walked away. Izzie sighed before she looked at Aria who was already watching her. "Is he okay?" Aria asks while Izzie doesn't know what to say.

"He's just got a lot on I think." Izzie lies which Aria can read as she pulls a face at Izzie.

"I know your lying Izzie what's going on?" Aria asks handing her patients file back to the nurse who thanks her.

"I can't say but it's something to do with Rebecca." Izzie says watching as Aria looks slightly hurt and confused.

" I didn't know she was still around and there still sleeping together?" Aria question while Izzie looks at her

"You should talk to Alex." Izzie says before giving Aria a small smile as she walked away leaving the eldest Grey confused.
~
Aria headed to Joes bar where she found Lexie and George talking before she ordered a tequila shot. "What's the matter with you?" George says as he and Lexie sat either side of Aria while she looked at the both of them. Aria quickly drank her shot before ordering another one.

"Nothing just a bad day that's all now do either of you want a drink? I'm buying." Aria said before she ordered both of them a drink and continued to drink away her thoughts.

Her thoughts that kept leading to her friend. Thought she shouldn't be having about her friend or feeling she shouldn't be having. But she was just going to ignore them because they were silly and they didn't really exist. It was just her head playing with her right?

However she couldn't have been more wrong which she would learn soon enough.