TWENTY

"Steve is not a lip reader.None of the interns are lip readers.You have to wait for the attending's to vote, just like we did when I won." Bailey says as the residents turn to her.

"You won your solo surgery?" Cristina says looking at Bailey.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't feel the need to ask me that, Yang.Of course I won. I was good.
I didn't cut LVAD wires or put my hand in bomb body cavities or have my interns operating
on themselves. I was special.I was young, gifted and black, and everybody knew it.The attendings knew it,the chief knew it.I didn't have to act
like I could read lips.Just go about my work calmly,waiting for my name to get called." Bailey said proudly before Lexie ran in.

"It's done!" Lexie exclaimed looking at all of them.

"Whatever, Helen Keller." Alex remarked as Aria hit him on the back of the head.

"No, I'm serious.The chief sent me.They made their choice." She said as the residents looked at her.

The residents got up as Alex turned to Aria. "Are you not coming?" He questions her as everyone looked at her.

"I'm not bothered about the solo surgery and I'm needed in the NICU." Aria says as her pager goes off causing her to smile.
~
"Tell me everything to know about Karev." Sadie says looking at Meredith who turns to look at her.

"Why?" Meredith questions knowing there was something already going on with Alex and Aria.

"I'm his intern.He seems cool enough at your house." Sadie says as Meredith looks at her.

"Sadie, I can't be your friend in here. I'm a resident, you're an intern. And Aria is way closer to him then I am." Meredith says as Sadie rolls her eyes.

"So she'll have filled him in already with her own opinions." Sadie snickered before the two headed out to meet the ambulance.
~
Aria stood watching the interaction between Lexie and Mark. "You keep your hands and all parts away from Lexie Grey." Aria says standing next to the plastic surgeon.

"I have no idea what your talking about?" Mark says trying to act dumb.

"Hmm my little sister you know the intern. The one you keep flirting with I've seen you Mark Sloan." Aria says as Mark smirks at her.

"Are you jealous? You know you're my favourite Grey. Aren't you the one screwing karev?" Mark asks her with a smirk on his face.

"How would you- don't even answer that I'm walking away now." Aria says looking at the plastic surgeon.

"You know if you wanted some fun you could have called me." He called out as Aria rolled his eyes walking away.
~
Aria was checking on the babies as Alex was following her. "Have you even been to see Yang?" Alex asks looking at her.

"No why would I?" Aria says checking on the babies vitals.

"Because it's the first solo surgery. Your like one of best in our class i'm surprised you didn't get picked for it." Alex says as Aria turns to him.

"Are you just trying to get me to sleep with you?" Aria asks him as Alex looks at her.

"You do that anyway." He smirks before looking at her. "I'm being serious Aria why don't you want this surgery?" He asks her while she looks at him.

"Because I have extraordinary talent but I have spent my entire life competing. I want to be a surgeon because I want save lives. A stupid competition isn't going to make that happen. My hard work and my skills will." Aria smiled as Alex looks at her.

"On call room?" Alex suggests as she scoffs at him.

"You've got 20 minutes Karev." Aria says before he pulls her out of the NICU and into one of the closest on call rooms.
~
Alex ran up to Aria wrapping his arms around her waist as he spun her. Aria giggled looking at him as he placed her back down. "What's got into you?" She questioned him.

"I got it. The solo surgery it's mine." Alex says smiling at her.

"That's great. Congratulations." Aria said hugging him as he hugged her back.

"I'm falling for you Aria Grey." He whispered into her ear as she pulled away looking at him.

"What?" Aria asks not sure how to respond to him.

"I'm falling for you." He repeated watching her as she looked up at him.

"Alex I-" Aria stuttered as he looked at her.

"You don't have to say anything back. If your not ready I'll wait because I want this." Alex says as Aria looks at him.

"I'm proud of you." She smiled hugging him again as he hugged her back.
~
"I'm sorry." A voice said as Aria looked up from her charts. Meredith stood behind her as she watch her.

"Mer." Aria says looking at her sister who looked like she was going to cry.

"Let me finish. I've been selfish and a horrible sister. It's always been me and You Aria. I made you feel like you aren't important but that's not true. You are the most important person to me your my family. Im sorry for how I've been treating you but I get it. You always try to do what's best for me and to protect me. So I'm sorry for making you feel like you don't matter because you do." Meredith says before Aria quickly hugged her.

"I forgive you. And I will always do what's best for you. Now we need to talk because Alex Karev just admitted he was falling for me." Aria says as Meredith looks at her.

"And do you feel the same?" Meredith asks her sister already knowing the answer. ""But he's Evil Spawn."

"Don't you think I know that. I didn't wake up one day and suddenly decide I was going to be in love with Alex Karev." Aria says before both girls began to chuckle .

"Stupid feelings?" Meredith asked looking at Aria.

"Stupid feelings." She repeated while nodding her head as they both began laughing with one another. The twins would always find their way back to each other. They are the only people who truly understand each other.

"We better go watch his surgery." Aria says before two headed to the gallery of the O.R so Meredith could sort things with Cristina.
~
Aria walked into the scrub room where Alex was stood. "You better kick ass in there." Aria says causing him to look up at her.

"It would be better if you'd scrub in with me." He smirks as she rolls her eyes at him.

"So I can distract you? You chose Izzie to help and that's the right choice. Karev I've got my eye on you" Aria says smiling at him as she heads up to the gallery.