PROLOGUE.

“ What color is the sky , mi amor ay amor ! You tell me that it's red mi amor, ay amor ! Where should I put my shoes ay amor, mi amor, you said put am on my head ay amor mi amorrrr ! ”

Lily almost literally opened the window and chucked a shoe at the drunkard's head. He had kept at it for three hours straight and Lily was finally convinced that the damned man would literally spend the rest of the dawn against the pavement below her immediate flat.

Angry and hungry, she furiously made to leave the bed but her foot caught at a hole in her blanket and she stumbled and fell, her derriere hard on the cold tile.

“ Owwww ! ”

A concerned roach peeked out from an adjacent cup to her, peering curiously at her as if to assess the damage. The insect seemed to shake it's head silently judging and condemning it's surroundings. Lily had never seen the creature before, it had to be a newbie in the premises.

“ You know, if you don't like it you can leave , ” Lily muttered to the roach.

It wiggled its antennae in response.

“ I'm hungry, ” She complained.

The roach as if to mock her, climbed out of the cup with a crumb in its mouth before scampering away.

“ If I see you next time, I'll kill you, ”

It paused, the antennae wiggle before it disappeared into a crevice on the wall.

Bored of her mundane and lifeless flat, she decided to leave.

She wondered when she would actually feed on a great meal and be satisfied. That was quite a while ago.

A small hand slipped into a brown battered coat, feet into trodden down boots and she shut the door on her way out.

It was only six o'clock.