19. Chapter Nineteen

Things were going downhill. 

Lily could not  believe Sampson. Truly, that evening as he had promised Sampson had parked his Mustang in front of the corporation and was hovering about the lobby.

Lily saw him exchange papers with Peter and she inwardly fumed.

When she came within his line of view, Sampson beamed as if immune to her glare. 

Was he trying to get her fired?

"HI LOVE,"

Oh ! Lord have mercy, what was this ?

Lily had had enough so she grabbed him by his arm and dragged him out till they stood by his car.

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO ?" She frantically signed.

"TAKING YOU HOME,"

She threw her hands up in exasperation and stomped her feet around,"NO ! YOU ARE TRYING TO GET ME TO LOSE MY JOB,"

"BUT I JUST WANTED TO TAKE YOU HOME,"

Lily sighed,"YOU'VE NEVER CARED ABOUT SUCH THINGS UNTIL I GOT A JOB, NO, THIS JOB! WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT FROM ME? WHY THE SUDDEN CONCERN ?"

Sampson's eyes danced around, pair of green orbs dancing around with uncertainty then he smiled sheepishly,"I'M AFRAID YOU LIKE YOUR BOSS,"

Lily's face reddened both in anger and embarrassment,"SO, WHAT IS IT TO YOU ?"

"SEE, YOU ARE NOT DENYING IT,"

"BECAUSE THAT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS,"

"BILLIONAIRES ARE RAKES, HE WILL HURT YOU,"

Lily stared at him for a moment then burst into laughter, Noah ... a rake?

"HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A PROMISCUOUS SAINT? 

Sampson blinked confused,"WHAT ? "

"EXACTLY,"

Sampson still looked confused.

" YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE HIS MORALITY BASED ON HIS BILLIONAIRE STATUS AND I WOULD LIKE YOU TO STOP FOLLOWING ME AROUND LIKE A SHADOW. LEAVE, I'VE AN ASSIGNED DRIVER, I DON'T NEED YOU,"

Lily walked away then signalled Peter and asked her to drive her home.

Sampson looked on , a crestfallen expression on his face as he watched them leave.

Up on the glorious tower, Noah peered out of the window, a little conflicted  and amused by what he had seen.

***

"Was that necessary?" Lan asked as he walked into Noah's office, aware he was wearing his aid.

Noah raised a brow,"What ?"

"Was the warning necessary ?"

Noah glared at Lan, "this is a working environment not a meet-up for hopeless romantics,"

"You sound bitter about it,"

Noah rolled his eyes,"No. I am not in fact, I am only preventing those two from corrupting my building spiritually,"

Lan gaped at his friend,"Peter and Lorna flirt every second they're together  in this building and you never say anything about it-"

"That's different,"

"So these particular two if they flirt they are now corrupting the building ?"

"Yes, their senseless flirting and hugging defiles the very air in this place,"

Lan's eyes widened,"how is that possible, is that what you read in that bible ?"

He pointed at the thick book on the desk in front of Noah.

"No, it is not written anywhere but I know so,"

"Do tell why you insist that they would defile the air and yet it seems Peter and Lorna wouldn't ?"

"That is none of your business. What stands is that I am incharge of this premises and no one will turn it into a brothel -"

" I would love to see some stripper girls around here though,"

"Lan if you have nothing constructive to talk about, I would suggest you resume your duties,"

"Aww! Let the lover couples do their thing, Noah ,"

"They are not lovers,"Noah deadpanned.

"How did you even know that ?"

"Lan, duties...now ,"

"That commanding voice don't work on me boss, try it on Lily, heard they like bass actually your voice much deeper than that blonde pimp,"

"Lan, if you do not go back to your office this minute-"

"Can't hear you ! "He placed his palms over his ears.

Noah started to sign.

Lan shut his eyes too,"can't see you !"

" Someone is jealous ! Someone is jealous !"Lan sang.

While he dumbly stood, tapping his Jordan clad right foot on the ground to match the rhythm of the stupid song , he had created, Noah and approached him and slapped his back hard, so hard that he blinked tears.

"I will rearrange and break that nose again if you do not allow sense into your brain and leave this office this minute,"

"Yes boss,"

Lan scampered off. 

////////

I LOVE THEM 🤣🤣🤣