12. Chapter Twelve

As Lily  rode back home, back to her roach.

Her mind was bombarded with many thoughts that she wished she did not have, just a few minutes encounter with blue-bloods  and she realized how beautiful her simple life was aside from the desire to dress presentably or eat decently.

The good news is : she had the job, well according to Mr.Noah's parting words, she knew she did.

The bad news is: Lily was not sure she had the mental strength to deal with it. She had a particular dislike towards audists and with every ticking second in that room, Lily wanted to yank Mr. Ruiz's hair out of his scalp and pull down his pants- make him the laughing stock that he actually was.

She tried to distract herself by drumming her little fingers on the small round blue container that she had recently acquired. As she was leaving, Lan offered her a steaming cup of chocolate and croissant; Lily had given the man a scare, when she grabbed the snack with her right hand and shoved it into her mouth, messily she slurped up the beverage and she managed to leave crumbs onto the container she fed off from when she was done.

Lan was horrified, shocked then finally amused when Lily rushed out,container of crumbs clutched in her hand and her mouth full as she said,"thank you." before  handing him an empty cup, she had devoured everything within seconds- she face palmed.

Lily felt pity for her boss, how could his own brother be so unkind?

Why be  audist against your own blood?

Lily alighted at the bus stage, slowly walking up to her dingy apartment when she realized she needed another set of work clothes for the morrow. She cursed and looked at watch, a watch that Christine had loaned her.

It was only midday, she would rest a little then go back at the twins' house.

Lily walked into her apartment, it was not much but she had missed it terribly .

Walking into the kitchen, she placed the crumbs on the kitchen counter and after a short while, a little brown insect made its presence known, scurrying so fast on the worn out counter top. Easily climbing over the broken tiles until it reached the container. Lily opened its cap, the little roach dived in.

"Well, I'm happy to see you too," Lily began.

The roach ignored her, engaged with the delicious crumbs, acknowledging it surely had received a treat.

It is not every day, it came across croissants.

" I haven't been home, I had a job interview,"

At that it paused, antennae wiggling as if willing Lily to continue with her unwelcomed ramblings.

Lily flushed embarrassed and the roach paused, if possible, lifting a small head seemingly comprehending whatever Lily was about to admit was silly.

"First, I walked into this huge building, so huge that you'd get tired circling a single floor tile. Secondly, I walk in my boss half naked, well he had no shirt on you know, and my, my, my, Mr. Noah Ruiz is such a hottie,"

The antennae stilled, the roach's feet stopped moving and it's little body seemed to take a chastising demeanor.

" Come on, I am just appreciating God's creation! Noah Ruiz is the finest man I've ever seen up close!"

The antennae did a little shake then the roach disappeared under a crumb.

Lily forgot to close the door when she walked in and she did not hear the door opening too, her mind was distracted with Mr. Noah's fine features, the way his muscles flexed as he moved, the attractive way his left brow lifted when she signed and brown eyes so intense and attractive...

"AH !"

Lily screamed at the intruder who only beamed at her, "Who is such a hottie ?"

The unwelcomed face of Martha filled the space and Lily was forced a fake smile," You scared me,"

Martha's eyes raked over her cousin, disbelief and jealousy all over her expression," Where did you get those clothes?"

Lily smiled, "I told you I would get a job,"

"So, my little cousin gets a job and would not care to tell me?"

Before Lily said anything else, Martha shrieked, her eyes frightfully trained on the creature perched on the edge of the round container as if listening to their conversation.

Lily barely had time to register what her cousin was panicking about until she saw her pick her ridiculously high stilettos and aimed it for her miniature friend.

Lily screamed.