27. Chapter Twenty-seven

Seven p.m. Sunday rolled around quickly; and Lily was excited.

It was the time she would have called Christine to fawn and bustle about over what she would wear, but she could not. They had disagreed over Sampson in the past weekend and Christine was not picking any of her calls. It felt kind of awful.

Nevertheless, she got ready.

Lily curled her red hair into soft lovely curls, wore a nice full-sleeve white cotton dress and a pair of low heels. She tried on a light makeup and sat waiting for Noah. She could not tell what change had come over him, she decided that she liked it- she had to like it. Afterall, she had liked him for a while now, she should be happy the feeling was mutual. 

Lily however could not stop thinking and it disturbed her peace concerning how he had signed her name at the office. Her sign name lacked the usual flare he had assigned to it.

Maybe she was overthinking things?

Ding! 

Dong!

He had arrived. Lily quickly got up and grabbed her purse, walking on wobbly legs to the door. It was her first date, and she could not be blamed for being too nervous.

When she opened the door, she met with Noah's handsome frame. He beamed at her, his dark brown suit enhancing his eyes. He offered her a little red rose.

" THANK YOU,"

" LILY," Noah smirked.

This time Lily frowned, there was that error again on her sign name and above all, Noah never ever smirked.

" IS ANYTHING WRONG?"

"NO! NO!" Lily had to school her features.

Noah placed a hand at her back to lead her to the car. She looked at the driver, she had never seen him before.

When they were inside, Noah was signing over general topics, but Lily was trying too hard not to frown, this Noah lacked the usual signing flare Noah had. It was confusing.

He is just nervous, she supplied and decided to ride with the punches, but things got stranger during dinner.

" WE ARE OUT OF OFFICE, LILY. DO YOU ENJOY WORKING FOR ME?"

Lily smiled nervously," WILL THAT MAKE YOU CHANGE THINGS?"

" WELL, IF NEED BE," Noah dubbed at his mouth using a napkin, keen to hear what she would say.

" SOME DAYS YOU ARE MEAN, LIKE WHEN YOU BLAMED ME OVER THE NEWSPAPER INCIDENT AND SENT A BARELY THERE APOPOLGY OR WHEN YOU SHUT DOORS IN MY FACE OR WHEN YOU THREATHENED TO FIRE ME FOR HAVING MY FRIEND, SAMPSON OVER?"

" I DID?" Noah looked truly shocked that Lily thought she might have been talking about the wrong person.

He quickly composed himself," GOODNESS, I AM REALLY SORRY LILY, OF COURSE I WENT TOO FAR WITH MY ACTIONS."

" I WILL BE A BETTER BOSS," He smirked worsening the unease within Lily's heart.

" LILY, I WILL TASK YOU TO KEEP THE BLUEPRINT OF THE ONGOING PROJECT. I DO NOT TRUST A LOT OF PEOPLE AROUND ME SO I WOULD LIKE YOU TO PASS BY MY OFFICE FIRST THING TOMORROW AND ASK ME FOR IT,"

She nodded.

" SO, LILY, DO YOU THINK I SHOULD ADJUST THE WORKING TIME?"

At this point, Lily excused herself to go to the ladies. The date was really a bore, it seemed that Noah only cared about work more than herself. None of the questions he asked touched on Lily as a person. 

She sighed in frustration, everything was strange, Noah did not even feel like the Noah she knew and it confused her all. To worsen her feeling, as she lurked about the mirrors, she met a rushing Martha.

" Hi cousin!" She was uncharacteristically chirper.

" Hey Martha," 

Matha paused Infront of the mirror beside her to check out her painfully short skirt, rather handkerchief," you never told me you would relocate Lily. The billionaire pays you quite well, so you want nothing to do with us, right?"

" And you never told me you got a reporting job, Martha,"

"It was for the best. When all this is over, you will understand, now don't you have a billionaire to chat up?"

" How did you know I was here with him?"

Martha looked really happy," Oh! You know as a reporter gat to keep my eyes everywhere. He's such a bore, isn't he?"

" How did you know-"

" I love your curls, I will do curls next time, it will suit me more," She called out as she walked away.

Lily panicked as she watched her leave. Suddenly, she did not want to go back to Noah again. Something was awfully wrong; she could feel it from the depths of her gut.

*****

DO YOU THINK NOAH IS JUST NERVOUS OR SOMETHING IS TRULY UP ?

I DONT KNOW BUT I CAN TELL IT WILL BE A ROUGH RIDE FROM HERE GUYS. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND COMMENTING, THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET REAL HOT IN HEREEE