8. Chapter Eight

The lunatic was early.

It was supposed to make him feel better but it didn't.

He had an impromptu board meeting in a few minutes time and his legs anxiously bounced about everything that could go wrong.

If the interviewee proved to be a lunatic in person too, he could positively conclude that he was doomed.

Damn Lan and his injury !

Damn his stupid nose !

Damn him for hiding in my wardrobe !

Damn him !

Damn him !

Damn him !

Noah relished in the temporary satisfaction he got from cursing his friend even if he was somewhere in his own office, dozing off.

It appeared that he was the only hopeless person in the situation as if Lan would not be thrown out with him if indeed he became bankrupt.

What is wrong with this boy ?

Noah wondered, staring at an actual footage of Lan dozing off on the office sofa in the office across him.

Noah was left only to pray that somehow things would work out.

Noah's hands trembled too, so much that when he raised up a cup of coffee to his lips, it toppled and the black liquid sloshed out of the cup onto his cerulean shirt, burning and staining him simultaneously.

Noah jumped up and swiftly pulled the shirt over his head and it was at that moment that the door opened and he was staring at a very shocked red head whose eyes flashed in confusion. Nolan who held the door opened gasped then shut the door.

***

Now, interviews had awkward tendencies. It was actually a norm.

Many interviewees had a knack for blurting out embarrassing and totally unrelated answers to questions.

Some often took a desperate route and Noah remembered a particular incident where a gentleman had pledged to learn ASL within a week.

Noah nearly chuckled at the memory.

Another when a brunette had flung herself at him and tried to seduce him.

Noah still shuddered at that.

In this case however, Noah was the one who had made a fool of himself. The interviewee had seen him half naked a few minutes ago, chest bare and the girl was not even making an attempt of hiding what she saw.

Her eyes danced about in amusement.

Noah noted that she looked nothing like the daringly insane email he had received. Her red hair was pulled into a neat bun atop her head, a checkered shirt tucked into a pair high waisted navy slacks adorned by rounded white shoes that peeked out when she walked.

She looked organized, prime and proper.

He was counting on their interaction to watch when the madness would unleash but he was unfortunate because that is when a very unwelcomed image of Lan's head peeked into his office and hinted that the board meeting was to start in two minutes.

Noah cursed and stared at the humored girl.

Noah could not afford being late to the meeting.

It was important.

A bulb lit in his head and he stared at the girl's grey eyes then back at Lan.

Lan was already glaring at him, warning him whatever gamble he was up to was risky but Noah did not care.

Life was just a gamble.

He shot her a pointed look, “FOLLOW ME, ”

Noah rose and walked out, the girl immediately after him.

The fact that she understood what he had signed slightly put his mind at ease. He prayed she would be fluent at the meeting.

***

I would like to know what weird interview experiences you've ever had.

😂😂🤔

What do you think will happen in the board meeting and why do you think it was impromptu too?