21. Chapter Twenty-one

It was a peaceful  Tuesday morning, or would have been a peaceful tuesday morning as Lily walked into Noah Corp at 8a.m . She was in soft pastel blue dress that flattered her figure and in a pair of slipper heels that had glass heels, she was very, very feminine. Something she was starting to be lately. A delicate bracelet danced on her wrist with every stride.She hummed a happy tune. 

Then she saw it, rather them. Her feet faltered causing the newly assigned driver behind her to express his concern, "Miss, are you alright ?"

"Yes, just a little mixed up," Was the reply.

What were reporters doing here?

It is completely normal for the press be all up in a filthy wealthy man's business but definitely not Noah, never him. The man practically had no even a single photo on all his social media profiles. Lily had checked.

She tensed as she walked closer, how she hated reporters- they were arrogant, assuming and almost always wrote wrong after also seeing wrong; it seemed Noah most likely shared her predicament judging from his thunderous face as he exited the elevator to face the wild crowd at the lobby.

Noah was angry.

Brows furrowed, his long legs taking commanding strides but jerky- a tense man. Lan walked alongside  him while Peter who looked painfully uncomfortable tugged behind them. Lily got into action , she walked up to her boss whose eyes lit up at her sight.

Lily wondered if it was because he had seen her or if it was happiness that she just in time to  translate.

Any way what matters is that they lit up at my sight. It felt good to think that way...

The reporters quieted down and stared expectantly at the trio.

Noah signed.

Lily spoke.

"THREE QUESTIONS ONLY,"

"Is it true about the harmful bots?" A lady fired one.

Lily signed.

"I WILLL GIVE ALL OF YOU A PUBLISHED NEWS LETTER ON THE OBJECTIVES OF THE MANUFACTURE OF THE BOTS, THEN YOU CAN DRAW ACCURATE CONCLUSIONS,"

"Is it true you are now newest playboy in town?"

Noah looked at them, a serious expression on his face.

Lily was confused.

Where was that  coming from?

"NO. THAT WAS NOT ME,"

Lily's eyes darted around.

"Are you dating your translator, Noah?" It came from a voice LIly knew too well that she audibly gasped -no, it couldn't be or could it ?

Her eyes searched the crowd until they locked on grey eyes just as hers. She almost panicked suddenly feeling immobile.

When did Martha know she was working for Noah ? Most importantly, when did Martha start working as a journalist, she was supposed to be in a secretarial role at a law firm? Did Martha change jobs? Did she lie ?  What was going on ?

"NO!" The single bellow from Lan jolted her from her reverie.

Apparently she was too stunned to sign.

"Everyone out now !"Lan yelled.

Security that were absent at first now flanked the reporters sending them out. 

Someone grabbed Lily's arm and led her from the lobby to the elevator, it was Noah.

" WHAT IS GOING ON ?"

" YOU ARE GOOD PRETENDER, TELL HOW MUCH THEY OFFERED YOU TO RUIN MY REPUTATION ?"

"ME ?"

"YES, KEEP THE ACT UP AND YOU MAY LOSE YOUR JOB NOW! WHO PAID YOU?"

"WHAT DID I EVEN DO ? PAID WHAT ?"

"OH ! LORD HAVE MERCY ,"Noah grabbed the day's paper and gave it to Lily whose eyes widened in disbelief and confusion.

" IT HAS ALL BEEN PEACEFUL BUT AS SOON AS YOU START TO WORK IN MY COMPANY, MY NAME IS ALL OVER THE PAPERS!"

"IT IS NOT ME! DON'T YOU HAVE A BROTHER WHO HATES YOUR GUTS?"

"HOW DO I KNOW YOU ARE NOT WORKING WITH MY BROTHER ?"

"I SWEAR I KNOW NOTHING OF THIS,"

"DON'T YOU DARE SWEAR IF YOU LIE!"

"I KNOW NOTHING !"

His brown eyes penetrated Lily's grey ones, searching, prodding and Lily thought he was convinced only  for him to utter words that hurt her deeply,"I  don't believe you."

* * *

AWW! POOR LILY.. .😢😢😢