30. Chapter Thirty

Lily was trying hard not to show how scared she really was. Lan had disappeared from the vicinity and there was a lot of confusion at the Noah Corp. 

Mr. Valentino was already giving new orders as he quickly assumed Noah's position. Peter was gob smacked, trying to understand what was happening exactly. While Lily paced in her office, she clutched her phone in her small hands wondering who to call, she was afraid for her safety and most importantly, her heart was wild with fear and uncertainty over where they were taking Noah.

I hope they do not harm him, she quickly thought. 

These were the moments Lily wished she knew how to pray.

Who to call? Who to call?

The twins were out of question, Lily could not trust anybody at the current state...

She was sure Martha had a hand involved in the prevailing circumstances...

Aunt Molly would drag her back to the country farms where she would be drenched in cow dung and look like an emaciated kid by evening....

While she was in deep contemplation, her phone buzzed, and a message popped up from Noah.

' Remember the blueprint, whatever happens don't let them have it,'

Lily shuddered, confused was it really Noah Ruiz who had sent that text or the man who she had went out on Sunday night. Suddenly, she remembered the discussion," LILY, I WANT TO TASK YOU TO KEEP THE BLUEPRINTS OF THE PROJECT I AM CUREENTLY UNDERTAKING, I DON'T TRUST ALOT OF PEOPLE AND WITH THE THINGS POPPING UP. I WANT YOU TO PASS BY MY OFFICE AT 4. I WILL GIVE THEM TO YOU."

What did that mean?

Why four o'clock?

It was clear that with the current development, that agreement was not possible unless it was some kind of trap.

Lily decided to quickly go to the top floor where Noah's office was. She heard shuffling and dragging of things once she got off the elevator and it was obvious there was some searching going on. She would have to get her hands on the blueprints before anyone else did.

* * * * *

The men were fed up with Noah.

" I surrender all...

I surrender all...

All to thee my blessed savior, I surrender all..."

With his bound wrists, Noah had raised his arms over his head despite the discomfort and had continuously sung the hymn, " I surrender all," by Judson W. van De Venter, 1986; and the men were almost throwing him out of the vehicle.

" Tell him to shut up!" Maurice the biggie man, whose fat hands handled the steering wheel ordered for the umpteenth time, sweat rolling down his forehead as his anxiety skyrocketed.

" Why don't YOU shut him up!" A slender man who was covered in ink except for his eyes, nose and mouth, they called him Freaky, his voice had long gone at attempts of shutting Noah up.

" My ears ache! I feel like they've shrunk and molded into my skull," Another cried out, face contorted in pain as he clutched his ears while Noah sang unperturbed beside him.

" He's deaf, he can't hear us, knock him out! "Maurice tried again, almost swerving off the road.

He did not know that some voices could be so distracting. Maurice was not sure if the effect was int the song Noah sang or in his voice.

" Boss instructions were to deliver Mr. Noah Ruiz unharmed, live and fully awake!"

" I surrender all..." The three of them groaned in despair.

" I surrender all...

All to thee my blessed savior, I surrender all. "

" Enough!" Maurice cried out and stopped the car.

" Wacha doin Maur?" Freaky asked.

" I can't take it anymore, let him go, screw the money!" 

" Why Maur?" Freaky persuades.

" I said OUT!" Maurice had lost his cool.

" Let him go, my ears are bleeding, I'm sure half my brain's dead. Damn! "

 The vehicle stopped and they pushed Noah out of the car before driving off speedily.