26. Chapter Twenty-six

It was three days after the newspaper incident and things were getting more strange at the Noah Corp.

Three days ago, is when Lily got a very brief but apologetic email from  Mr. Noah.

Dear Lily,

I am sorry for the blame on the newspaper and thank you.

It had read.

She sat in her office mulling over the past events in the last three days and she hummed in amusement for they were comical.

The day after his apology, she had gone to deliver his coffee and a plate of brownies as was the custom but he had refused to open the door- a sticky note attached on the door had read,

"Kindly leave all meals and documents on the mat below, I shall pick it later. DO NOT ENTER!"

Lily had hesitated, thought of defying the order but in the end she gave in. She left the plate and cup on the mat but she hid at a  corner to see what was wrong with her boss. Moments later the door opened, Noah's head peeked out then swiftly picked the food up and shut the door.

What in the world?

The second day after the newspaper incident, Lily had reported to work ten minutes prior her usual time and that was the time, Noah usually got to work. When she was getting off the vehicle at the parking lot, Noah and Lan were getting off the limousine. Lan beamed and enthusiastically greeted her as usual but Noah, he had walked off as if she was not there. Lily had decided to quickly tag behind him.

Noah broke off into  a sprint, quickly dashing past Peter whose jaw slackened at his boss. In her heels, Lily tried to run to catch up but what happened next was unbelievable, Noah broke into a full run, jumped into the elevator and hastily jabbed at the buttons. The door slid closed on Lily's face. 

As she stood  staring at the elevator, confused, Lan approached her laughing, tears leaked from the corners of his eyes, he wheezed and clapped his hands.

 Lily watched on and Peter chuckled, shaking his head behind them.

"I would pay a fortune for you to stay here even if you would ever want to leave,"

"Why ?"She had asked.

"Isn't it obvious, in your presence, the mighty nonchalant hightech billionaire Noah Ruiz becomes the biggest fool the world has ever seen,"

Today, as she smiled a little over what had happened, she got the word that a clown had been caught trying to snoop around Noah Corp yesterday shortly after five in the evening when she had clocked out from work and Noah had left to attend a briefing.

It had been reported that the clown had drove into the premises and had balloons of crimson ink.

Now, what would a clown with balloons full of red ink come to do at Noah Corp ?

Everyone had asked the same question and they were all clueless. 

She hated how Noah seemed stressed after he had become aware of the news so when he had knocked at her door at 1 p.m and walked in, she had been too anxious and eager concerning what he would say.

"LILY, "He begun, he signed her name but Lily frowned. 

Something was wrong, Noah had given her a cute sign name when she had started working for him but today there was a flaw and she almost corrected him.

Maybe, I am seeing my own things.

She watched him approach her desk and plop on the seat across from her. There was a new air of arrogance about him that she could not quite place a finger on.

"WHY THE FROWN SWEETHEART ?"

Well, that was new,"SIR, WHAT IS GOING ON ?"

"NOTHING, WHAT DO YOU MEAN ?"

"DON'T WE HAVE A CLOWN TO WORRY ABOUT ?"

"THAT ,"He looked up as if he had just recalled it,"I HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT IT,"

He gazed deeply into her eyes, something Noah must have gathered all the guts in the world to do,"I HAVE COME HERE TO DISCUSS MORE SERIOUS MATTERS LIKE OUR DATE,"

"OUR DATE? WE HAD A DATE ?"

"OF COURSE, WE SHOULD HAVE ONE. DON'T YOU DENY THE ATTRACTION BETWEEN US, LOVE,"

Love?

Lily sat bolt upright and rubbed her eyes and squinted at him,"NOAH, WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU. THIS IS UNLIKE YOU?"

"YES, I JUST DECIDED TO CHANGE A LITTLE FOR YOU,"

He smiled,"DON'T YOU LIKE IT ?"

Lily gaped.

Noah rose,"A DATE, THIS SUNDAY EVENING, I SHALL PICK YOU UP AT SEVEN,"

He turned and left, Lily watched him leave. She was not sure if she liked the change or not.