32. Chapter Thirty-two

The last place Lily expected Noah to go to was at his brother's place. 

It was something that she was still in disbelief over even as the trio sat on the warm cushion seats at the sitting room the next morning, a warm cup of espresso coffee in her hands that Noah's brother had actually prepared! 

She dared him to take a sip of the same cup he had served Noah and Lily in and at night  she had insisted to cook dinner remembering the story of her favorite novel, Templar Salvation where pitiful, injured and hungry  templars were poisoned to death by a bunch of trustworthy looking and 'holy' monks at a monastery in the middle of a lonesome desert, and when early that morning Noah's brother came and left a glass of water on a stand next to her bed. She panicked but waited for him to leave before bolting from her room to Noah's room forgetting she was only in her panties and sweatshirt. She found Noah just about to take a gulp from the glass. Lily reached out, snatched the glass from his hold so that the water poured on her face and the sweatshirt she was wearing. Noah's gaze was wide with confusion, wonder and amusement, she could see the tip of his mouth starting to curve up. 

" IF ESAU WAS TO KILL US, WE WOULD ALREADY BE DEAD," He signed. 

Lily's face burned, " IT'S JUST THAT I READ A NOVEL AND THE EVENTS WERE TOO SIMILAR..."

She felt silly, hell, she even sounded silly to her own ears and when Noah burst out laughing his gaze fixed on her, Lily wanted to hide under the bed. Her funny looking undies were plain for his eyes to see, and she quickly started to retreat from his room.

" NICE PANTIES THOUGH,"

" YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN," She signed at the door, trying to hide before dashing out.

His raspy voice followed her, and she still could make out the words although mispronounced," Doesn't stop me from acknowledging the funny things in this life,"

***

When Lily had finally established that their lives were safe under Esau's wing and that the hot-tempered brother was not actually out to kill them as she had initially thought, she quieted down at a lone seat in the sitting room and was a translator for the two. She realized Esau had much right to be angry at Noah just as Noah was angry at him, the two had petty issues to resolve.

" I WOULD HAVE HANDED YOU OVER TO THAT VALENTINO GUY UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES, "

" OF COURSE, YOU KNOW THE MONTHLY SHARE WOULD CEASE IF YOU MADE SUCH A RECKLESS MOVE," Noah retorted and Lily glared at him, that was petty.

" KEEP SPEWING NONSENSE IN MY HOUSE AND I WILL REMIND YOU, YOU ARE A PHONE CALL AWAY FROM BEING TAKEN IN AS A SERIOUS CRIMINAL!"

" WE BOTH KNOW I AM INNOCENT!"

" I DOUBT IT, INNOCENT BROTHERS DO NOT HIDE THEIR GIRLFRIENDS, THEY SHARE!"

Okay, Esau was being an unreasonable pain...

" ESAU, WE BOTH KNOW THAT IS NOT RIGHT. I AM A BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN AND-"

" OH! BULL- YOU NEVER SAID THIS WHEN ABIGAL LEFT ME FOR YOU, BROTHER!"

" JESUS! I NEVER KNEW YOU GUYS DATED, ESAU! SHE APPROACHED ME FIRST AND SINCE IT WAS JUST WHEN MOM AND DAD HAD DIED, I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE OKAY TO HAVE A LITTLE COMPANION,"

" THAT IS SELFISH USING HER LIKE THAT!" Esau countered.

" WELL, AT LEAST I DID NOT KICK HER OUT OF MY LIFE UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE HERE BECAUSE I WAS HURTING,"

" PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT NOAH, I AM NOT LIKE YOU WHO IS STRANGELY WARM AND CUDDLY ALL THE TIME EVEN AT THEIR LOWEST. I WONDER WHY MOM NEVER NAMED YOU TEDDY, I MEAN IT SUITS YOU MORE... I DOUBT EVEN THE NOAH YOU WERE NAMED AFTER WAS THIS CALM. I THINK HE'S THE ONE WHO CURSED HIS KID FOR SEEING HIM NAKED,"

" LEAVE THE BIBLE OUT OF THIS!"

" I THOUGHT YOU SAID BIBLE IS IN EVERYTHING!"

" YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN, WE WERE TAKING ABOUT US NOT THE BIBLE,"

" I THINK I NEED A SMOKE, YOU ARE GETTING TOO COMPLICATED,"

" CAN'T WE JUST TALK LIKE SOBER PEOPLE FOR ONCE. I DONNO IF I WILL LIVE THROUGH THIS ESAU, THE LEAST WE COULD DO IS TO SORT OUT OUR DAMN DIFFERENCES. WHY HAVE YOU ALWAYS BEEN BITTER WITH ME?"

At that Esau rose up, eyes livid that Lily was momentarily scared," YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I AM BITTER! YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW? FINE! YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE FAVORITE OF US, MOM AND DAD LOVED YOU MOST. HELL, THEY TOOK YOU TO BEST SCHOOLS WHILE I HAD TO STUDY IN MIDDLE CLASS. YOU HAD TRAINING FOR THE BUSINESS CAUSE DADDY SAID THE MOST INTELLIGENT OF US, WHICH WAS YOU OBVIOUSLY, WOULD TAKE OVER THE BUSINESS, HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK I FELT? I AM OLDER THAN YOU NOAH, IN OTHER FAMILIES, ITS THE OLDEST ONE THAT GETS THINGS BUT HERE, I WAS THE LEAST ATTRACTIVE, THE BLACK SHEEP WHO DAD WAS EMBARRASED OF AND MOM WAS WORRIED ABOUT. I KNOW IT WAS MY FAULT FOR THE CARELESS DECISIONS I MADE BUT I WAS HURTING NOAH, I HATED IT THAT THEY MADE THEIR PREFERENCE FOR YOU CLEAR,"

A tear slipped out," YOU KNOW WHAT'S WORSE... I WAS MADLY IN LOVE WITH ABY, ABIGALL. I TRIED SO HARD FOR THAT GIRL NOAH BUT IT ALL FREAKIN CHANGED THAT NIGHT WE WENT TO THE GALA. SHE SAW YOU AND I KNEW THE LOOK IN HER EYE, SHE KEPT GUSHING OVER HOW TALL YOU ARE, OVER HOW HANDSOME AND RICH YOU ARE -"

" I WAS DEAF! I AM STILL DEAF!"

" SHE NEVER CARED! DO YOU THINK BEING DEAF MAKES PEOPLE BLIND TO YOUR TALENTS? DO YOU! MOM AND DAD KNEW THE GREAT POTENTIAL YOU HAD; THEY GAVE YOU THE BEST! ABY KNEW YOU WERE DEAF BUT IT NEVER STOPPED HER FROM COMPARING THE BOTH OF US AND I REMEMBER ONE TIME SHE SAID IT WAS KINDA HOT HOW YOU FREAKIN SIGNED THE WORDS. YOUR DISABILITY TURNED HER ON!"

" LANGUAGE ESAU !"

" THIS IS MY HOUSE,"

The two stared down at each other . Tension radiating off them in waves," I DON'T UNDERSTAND. I THOUGHT ME BEING DEAF CHANGED EVERY THING."

Esau gently shook his head," IT DID NOT. SOMETIMES WE FOCUS ON THAT ONE THING THAT SEEMS NOT TO WORK OUT FOR US AND FORGET THE BILLION THINGS THAT ACTUALLY DO, ASK YOUR TRANSLATOR IF SHE HAS THOUGHT OF YOU ANY LESS BECAUSE YOU ARE DEAF. FACT IS, YOU ARE BETTER THAN ME NOAH, PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, EMOTIONALLY AND FINANCIALLY,"

Noah blinked.

" STOP BEING STUCK IN YOUR VICTIM MINDSET, " Esau said finally.

Realization was in Noah's eyes, he was discovering something," I AM SORRY ESAU,"

" NO. DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR MOM AND DAD'S PREFERENCE. I AM LONG DONE BEING ANGRY AT YOU OVER THAT ,"

" THEN WHY THE HOSTILITY?"

" ABIGAL. ABY. DID YOU EVER TOUCH HER ?" Even as Lily signed this words to Noah, she could feel the hurt in his voice and for the sake of the two brothers, Lily hoped, he never did.

" I WILL BE HONEST, BROTHER. I NEVER DID BECAUSE I REALIZED SHE WAS YOUR EX EXACTLY THREE WEEKS WHEN I FIRST KNEW HER,"

" BUT ABY SAID, YOU..."

" YOUR ABY, ACTAUALLY LIES A LOT ESAU. I WONDER WHY YOU NEVER NOTICED BECAUSE I DID WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF COURTING HER. I NEVER TOUCHED HER, HOW COULD I WHEN I WAS STILL GRIEVING MOM AND DAD AND WHEN I HAD NOT YET MARRIED HER AND DEFINED OUR RELATIONSHIP? "

Esau stared at his brother in utter disbelief," MY GOD. YOU ARE STILL A VIRGIN "

" SHUT UP!"

The two started bickering.

******************************************************************************

Hi guys,

Happy new yearrrrrr..... it is such a great chance to meet you again this year and I would like to assure you, I am back. We have only a few chapters remaining and I am thankful for your support all this while.

I am deeply sorry for the months I was not able to update, I was going through a lot emotionally and mentally so I ended up lacking inspo but now I am back and better and lets do this!!!

Thanks💕💕💕