Chapter 3

Karl's POV:

I entered the classroom and sat down, George taking the seat next to me. 

"What was that about?" I heard him ask.

"I'm sorry George, I really am but I don't know how to explain it." I replied.

"Do you like Sapnap?" he whispered cautiously, not wanting to insinuate anything that I was uncomfortable with hearing.

"I'm not sure yet. I know I like guys and he..." I was cut off by the teacher, Mr. Moore, entering the classroom and slamming his folders on the desk.

"Take a folder each; the one corresponding with your name," Mr. Moore said. I got up and took mine and George's folders, handing it to him. I swung my legs over the desk and sat back down. George then gave me a hug, whispering into my ear, "It's ok Karl, I know how you feel. Trust me, everything will be clearer in a week."

I hummed in response, wondering what I had done in order to deserve such an amazing best friend.

Getting a great idea, I took out a spare piece of gum and gave it to George. He gave me a quizzical look to which I responded, "What? You look like you need some."

He didn't argue and unwrapped it, chucking it in his mouth. 

"Karl! Why is it so hard!"

I grinned, knowing he fell into my trap. 

"That's what she said," I giggled with a smirk. 

George just sighed, partially glaring at me before asking, "How old is it actually?"

"Two years. Give or take a few months."

He shrieked in disgust, earning a warning glare from the teacher.

"Karl, you are such a child," George said, his voice laced with disappointment. We were silent for a few minutes, figuring out algebra.

"Karl," George piped up, "I forgot to ask you but I'm hanging out with Dream and Sapnap later and they asked me to invite you and see if you wanted to come along. It's fine if you don't want to but I'm just repeating their words," he rambled on.

"Ok. Is it straight after school?" I asked him.

"Yes. It's at my place because my parents are away for the week on business."

"That sound's great!" the bell rung, "I'll see you after school George." I started packing up my stuff to leave but was stopped by George tugging my sleeve.

"Are you not going to hang out with me at lunch?" he asked.

"No. Sorry, but I'm going to go write my book."

George didn't argue. He knew how important my writing was to me. It had become a place for me to escape into, away from the cold, harsh reality of my life. I walked out silently.

a/n

(422 words)

I wonder what will happen at George's place tonight...