Chapter 6

Karl's POV:

A bright white light shone in my eyes. I sat up, wincing. I felt a sticky, dark substance adhered to my face. 

My hands shot up to my face, stopping myself before I touched it. I walked upstairs, to my bathroom. I turned to the miniscule mirror, hung in the corner. 

I gasped. 

I grabbed my towel, wetting it and gently wiping the blood off. I tentatively raised my hands to my face and ran my fingers over the scars, flinching. My once amber eye was bloodshot and swollen, with no vision. My other eye, the green one, was fine, with the cuts lying close to, but not in that eye. 

I threw on a colour block hoodie and patched jeans. Slinging my backpack over my shoulder, I took one last glance in the mirror and hurried out.

~

I took a deep breath in, mentally preparing myself for the curious glances I would definitely be getting. I walked up the concrete steps, through the doors and into the corridor.

Dream's POV:

Was that Karl?

"Dream, are you listening bro?" Sapnap asked him. 

I glanced over to where I saw the figure standing. I apologised to Sapnap before running over.

"Karl?"

He turned around.

My jaw dropped. 

His face was covered in cuts and scars, his left eye was swollen and red. 

"Dream..."

"Karl, I won't tell anyone, don't worry but I don't think that you should be in school right now."

"Yes... I guess so."

"I'll skip with you. We can go to the park nearby and talk about it," I suggested.

Karl's POV:

Dream gently grabbed my hand and lead me out to a bench in a quiet section in the park. 

"Since when has it been this bad?" Dream asked.

"About a few months after you left to a different school, I somehow convinced myself to come out to my parents. As you can assume that didn't go down well," I laughed dryly at the idiocy of my younger self, "My mum started to take drugs, my father didn't have enough money to pay for her addiction, so he turned to alcohol. It went downhill after there. I was getting beat up almost every evening and he would remind me constantly of how bad I am and how much I wasn't wanted."

Dream looked at me softly, before pulling me into a warm embrace.  

"I'm so sorry Karl. No one should ever have to go through this. If you want to stay over at any time, just turn up, no warning needed. I want to make sure that you are ok. I can speak to Sap if you want me to."

"Why?" I asked, slightly confused.

"His parents moved and gave him their old flat. I'm living with him as roommates, so there are no adults to bother us."

"Sure. That would be appreciated."

"Take care Karl." 

Dream got up and left, leaving me with my thoughts. 

a/n

(495 Words)

Yay! 2 chapters in 1 day. I hope Sapnap understands though. I wonder what will happen when Karl crashes at Dream and Sapnap's.