Chapter 5

Karl's POV:

I finally got home, after 10 long minutes of strenuous sprinting. I opened the front door as quietly as possible and ducked inside. I was hurrying upstairs when I slipped.

I hit the floor with a resounding thud, bending my wrist at an awkward angle. I winced and ran to room, shutting the door silently.

"Karl! Get your good-for-nothing arse downstairs right now!"

I flinched and walked downstairs, took a deep breath in, braced myself and stepped into the kitchen. I was greeted with a potent stench of beer. I breathed in sharply.

"Why are you home late?"

"I-I..." I stuttered.

He slapped me across the face, sending me reeling backwards, although luckily I managed to regain my balance. 

"I asked you a question, you unwanted, little piece of shit."

"I was hanging out with George," I mumbled, my voice trailing off. 

He threw the bottle of beer he was holding at me. It shattered, the shards slicing across my face. I staggered backwards, reeling from the force, hitting the wall. A piece of glass hit my left eye, blurring my vision. 

I crumpled to the floor, cradling my head, blood seeping through my hands. The man I called my father, walked over to me and knelt down next to me. He exhaled heavily, sending a repulsive gust of cheap liquor and beer into my face. 

"You were a mistake, an accident. You were never wanted nor ever will be," he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. 

His fist descended, 

connected with my forehead.

The world spun and faded out to black.

a/n 

(270 words)

I hope Karl is ok!!

Thank you to everyone who has read my book so far.

EDIT: Hello again, I am now cringing at my terrible writing. lol