Chapter 9

Karl's POV:

I woke up, the weight of yesterday's reality crushing my chest. I gasped and attempted to pull myself out of bed, collapsing on the floor. I lay there, pulled my legs to my chest, sobbing.

How could I have ruined my friendship with Sapnap?

He was my soulmate.

These thoughts crashed through my mind making me shake harder. My chest constricted, making me suffocate.

I grasped my phone, unlocked it with shaky fingers and clicked on George's contact.

"Karl are you ok?" He asked.

I let out a chocked sob and a loud gasp.

"Karl! Calm down. Try to breathe in slowly."

I could hear some rustling on his end.

"I'll be there in 2 minutes, hang on."

I zoned out again, to be brought back by the front door slamming shut. I heard hurried steps, running upstairs. My bedroom door flew open. I looked up to see George standing in the door frame. He locked the door and ran over to me, grabbing my hands.

"Take a deep breath in and out."

After 5 minutes of repeating this, I finally managed to get my breathing under control.

"Karl,"

I looked up at him.

"Do you know what caused the panic attack?" He asked.

I took a deep breath, "Please don't get mad at me but Sapnap is my soulmate and I might've kissed him."

George's face went blank and I started to panic again, my breaths speeding up. He hurried over and pulled me into a hug.

"Karl, I'm not mad, I'm actually really happy. Having someone in your life to care for you will do you some good."

He pulled away, "You should get dressed and ready. I'll wait in the kitchen for you. Your parents aren't here so if you need anything or feel you're going to have another panic attack, don't hesitate to call me."

I nodded and he left.

After I got ready, I headed back downstairs, seeing George putting some food into a container.

"I made you some breakfast, eat it in the car otherwise we'll be late. I've already eaten so don't worry about me."

I thanked him, took the container of food and my bag, getting in the passenger seat of George's car. He got in after me and drove off to school.

~

I thanked George and pulled myself out the car, dragging myself to the entrance of the school. I really didn't want to be in; to face Sapnap after yesterday. I sighed and walked in, heading straight to my first class.

I sat down in my usual seat and opened up my notebook. I leaned over, reached into my backpack and grabbed my pen.

I sat, staring at my notebook, drumming the pen on the table when someone sat down next to me. I looked over to my left and my breath hitched.

It was Sapnap.

I turned away quickly and started to write the next chapter in my book, quickly getting enveloped in the complex plot of a faraway mushroom kingdom called Kinoko Kingdom.

I felt a faint tap on my arm and looked over to Sapnap. He gestured towards the teacher.

"Karl Jacobs, if your notebook is more interesting than me would you like to share its contents with the class?" My teacher said, more like an order than a question.