Chapter 11

Karl's POV:

I woke up, eyes fluttering open. I tried to sit up but failed, feeling something strong wrapped around my waist. I looked behind me and saw Sapnap sleeping, face nuzzled into my back, arms wrapped tightly around my waist, holding me close to his chest. 

I felt my face heat up again. I moved slightly. 

After two minutes of doing this, I managed to free myself from his grasp without disturbing his peaceful slumber. I checked the clock, 4:32 am. I got dressed, snuck downstairs silently and left the house. 

Ten minutes later, I arrived at my favourite spot, a cliff overlooking the sea where you can see the stars clearly.

I sat down, feet dangling off the edge. I didn't mind the danger, knowing that if I fell, it would do me some good. 

I turned my thoughts to the Sapnap situation. I started to list the facts:

1) Sapnap is my soulmate.

2) He's potentially hot.

3) He doesn't have a terrible home life.

4) Him and George are friends.

I started to draw some conclusions. If I left him alone, he wouldn't get hurt my me or my parents but I couldn't talk to George. If I moved in with him and Dream, I would be free from my parents but then Dream and Sap  would be at risk from my parents. If I liked Sapnap, I would only end up hurting him more; it wouldn't be worth it.

I came to a conclusion, staring at the drop beneath me. It would be a quick and easy way to die, no inconveniences of having my stomach pumped if I failed; that was really annoying. 

I stared at my feet and the plummet before sighing and pulling out my phone, seeing eleven missed calls from Sapnap and twelve texts asking where I was. I debated calling him back for a minute but decided against it. 

I heard a voice in the wind, telling me to jump, how easy it would be. 

"Karl," I heard a faint voice in the distance.

I turned my head, trying to locate the origin of the voice. I soon saw a figure running towards me.

"Karl," it repeated, "stay exactly where you are."

How did this voice know me?

I looked away and back at the cliff, the voices telling me to jump were getting overwhelmingly stronger by the second. 

I felt strong arms wrap around me, pulling me away from the edge. I looked at the figure, finally figuring out who it was, 

Sapnap.

"Sap..." I mumbled.

He interrupted me, "Karl, please tell me you weren't actually going to jump." His voice was shaky and his eyes were starting to fill with tears. 

I looked away in shame. How could've I been so weak to listen to the voices. Sapnap cut off my spiralling thoughts by hugging me tightly, constricting my frail body.

We both sat there, crying together, staring at the stars. Sapnap finally broke the sob-filled silence, "We have school later. We should go."

I nodded and let him guide me to his car.

a/n

(500 words)

Another sad chapter, sorry. I promise it should be getting happier after here. Maybe.