Chapter 10

Karl's POV:

The rest of the day happened without a hitch but I really didn't want to go back home but I knew I had to, I couldn't bring myself to burden Sapnap and Dream by staying at theirs. I walked over to the bus and got on, climbing to the back of the bus, to my usual spot. I pulled out my headphones, connected them, turned the volume up to max and played the song 'Let me down slowly' by Alec Benjamin. I sat there and stared out the window, emotionless for the entire journey. When the bus arrived, I slowly made my way to the front and got off. I turned towards my house and packed away my headphones, not wanting my father to confiscate and destroy them. I walked inside, trying my hardest not to make a sound. I heard a loud noise, making me jump and knock over a bottle of beer on the counter. 

I held my breath but to no avail. 

My father had heard me.

I heard loud footsteps behind me. I turned around slowly, seeing my father behind me. 

"You useless piece of shit," he growled. He brought his hand up, making me flinch.

"Pathetic," he laughed.

He brought his hand up again, this time slapping me hard across the face. The force of his hand sent my flying across the room, making me hit the wall behind me. I shuddered, getting a strong sense of déjà vu from 2 nights ago. The scabs were only starting to heal and my face was one of the few places I didn't want scars. 

My father walked over and stood over my limp body. He kicked me in the stomach, making me yelp and start coughing. He laughed, making me cower towards the wall more. He stepped towards me, kicking me repeatedly in the ribs. I spluttered and coughed, my body needed  oxygen desperately but my aching ribs denying it. The world began to spin, fading out. I soon lost consciousness.

~

I woke up, spluttering and gasping. My head spun and I  managed to pull myself and my stuff upstairs before collapsing in the bathroom, throwing up. I sat there for a few minutes, grabbing onto strands of consciousness. I got up, dragged myself to my room, collapsed on the bed, not caring about the sheets turning red. I grasped my phone, once again unlocking it with shaky fingers. George and Dream were on a date tonight, I didn't want to ruin it for them so I called Sapnap instead.

He picked up after a few rings, "Hi Karl!"

I coughed and breathed in rapidly, "Help Sap," was all I could choke out.

"Karl, I'm coming over, I'll be there in 2 minutes..."

I interrupted him, "Bring first aid and come in through my window on the second floor, parents are home."

Sapnap gave a gasp of realisation.

Two minutes later, I heard a rustling from my window and looked up, seeing Sapnap running over and pulling me into a hug. I flinched and he pulled away, rapidly apologising. He rummaged in his backpack, grabbing some wipes and bandages. 

He started gently brushing away my hair, wiping the blood from a large cut on the back of my head. He gently wiped the blood out of my hair and bandaged it up, sealing it with his white  bandanna as the bandages he had weren't long enough. 

"Sap, what about your bandanna?" I asked him, "It's gonna go red from the blood."

"Karl, your health is more important than a piece of fabric. I have lots of spares at home regardless."

I sighed, happy I wasn't ruining something special to him. He pulled out an ice pack from his backpack. 

"Karl, I need to lift your shirt to see where the bruises are."

I froze.

"Karl, number one, we are soulmates and this is not going to be any kind of sexual thing, number two, I am medically trained in first aid so I know what I'm doing. I need you to trust me."

I gave a sigh in defeat and nodded my head, giving him permission to lift up my shirt.

"Tell me if you get uncomfortable and I'll stop ok?" he asked.

I nodded again. 

He gently lifted the bottom of my shirt, finding no bruises. He looked up to my eyes, asking for permission to carry on.

I gave a small nod, slightly uncomfortable but I was willing to let it slide for the sake of my poor ribs.

Sapnap lifted my shirt up more, seeing my bruised ribs. He gasped softly, unfortunately loud enough for me to hear.

"Is it that bad Sap?" I asked.

He didn't reply just put the ice pack onto my ribs, making me inhale sharply. He laid me down and tucked me into bed. He stood up, locked my door and went to sleep on the floor next to my bed.

"Sap, you don't have to sleep on the floor, you can just share with me," I offered.

He went quiet for a few seconds, clearly debating my offer, before getting up and laying himself down next to me. 

"Goodnight Karl," he said.

"Goodnight Sap," I replied.

a/n

(846 words)

Awww. I hope Karl finally takes up Dream's and Sapnap's offer of going to stay with them.