Chapter 15

(Lyrics in bold)

Karl's POV:

The deafening noise of the bell, signified the end of a lengthy day. I packed up my books and walked out the classroom, making my way towards the school entrance. I skipped down the stairs, towards Sap's car, to find him waiting for me, leaning against the door. He gestured towards the car, then to my bag. I withdrew the keys from my backpack and handed them over to an impatient-looking Sapnap. He turned around, unlocked the car and opened my door for me. I thanked him and slipped inside, carelessly throwing my backpack onto the backseat. Sapnap got in, turned the engine on, put the car into gear and drove off. 

I connected my phone to the Bluetooth.

"Play that song you sung the other day for the Instagram dare," he asked.

I scrolled through my Spotify and played 'Rise Up' by TheFatRat. I took a deep breath and started singing.

When you feel it's helpless

When you think that you lost, oh

I will take your hand and

We'll rise up from the dust, oh

Here we go go go 

Let us heal and grow

You won't be alone

We're unstoppable

Don't be afraid to show

What we're going for

This is what we know

I took a deep breath

Here we come back to life, we're still breathing 

Standing up, everybody's gonna see it 

Oh all you to know is that we're holding on 

Even if we fall we will rise up

And we follow the path that we believe in

No we're not gonna stop until we reach it

Oh all you need to know is that we're holding on

We will rise up from the dust and claim our throne

Sapnap stared at me, shocked, mouth agape. I was also still wondering on how I hit those high notes. 

I heard him mumble, "Angelic, better than the recording." 

I paused the song and turned to look at him, "Sap, have you been listening to the recording on repeat?"

He looked away, face turning a light shade of red, "Maybe..."

I gave a light laugh and unpaused the song, not bothering to sing the rest of the lyrics. Sapnap complained audibly.

"Sap, I might need my voice tonight, you never know," I explained, a hint of sarcasm dropping in.

He mumbled something again, this time inaudible. 

~

The rest of the journey was uneventful, just us sitting in a comfortable silence, listening to my playlist.

Finally, we pulled up at a small Italien restaurant. He lead me to the restaurant. 

It was a beautiful building, the walls were a warm white colour, embellished with plants and strings of fairy lights. We sat down, and looked at the menu.

Five minutes later, the waiter came around and asked for our orders. I got a bowl of carbonara, Sapnap ordering butternut ravioli.