Chapter 20

Karl's POV:

I woke up from a restless slumber, filled with seemingly eternal pain and flashbacks consubstantial to the horrors of the night after my father almost killed me, and sat upright, resting my throbbing head on the headboard of my soulmate's bed. My trembling fingers grabbed my phone from the bedside table and turned it on, the harsh, white glow of the screen illuminating the room. I reached out my other hand and buried it in the silky, ebony mess that was my boyfriend's hair.

After approximately half an hour, I felt the sheets move and heard an almost inaudible rustling noise.

"Good morning, Sap," I whispered cheerfully. 

"Good morning, love," he replied, his morning voice making my heart flutter. "George and Dream won't be in school today so I'll introduce you to some of my friends," he continued.

My thoughts began to spiral at revelation that I caused George and Dream suffering, both physically and mentally. I only noticed the crimson blood oozing from the scars I pulled off my arms when the black-haired boy next to me put his soft hands over mine, stopping me instantly in a gentle fashion.

"It's not your fault, love," he consoled, before sitting up next to me. I leaned forward, closing the gap and kissed him passionately. He kissed back with force and lust, and with one swift motion, flipped us around so I was lying under him and pinned my arms above my head. His lips made their way from mine to my jawline, then to my collarbones. I lay still, basking in the love and affection the breath-takingly handsome boy above me was giving.

I felt him pull away and saw him exiting the room to get dressed. I hauled my aching body out of bed and looked in the mirror.

There were red patches lining my collarbones, the colour of the hickies contrasting my ghostly pale skin.

Precisely ten minutes, me and Sapnap had finished getting ready and left the apartment, climbing into his car. I connected my phone to the car's speakers and started playing my playlist.

Arriving at school, Sapnap parked his car and walked over to me, after I had got out of the black hatchback.

Sapnap's POV:

I stared at the brunet, my eyes taking in the vibrant red and deep purple patches that contrasted the pale pigment of his skin.

"I did a good job, clearly."

The brunet blushed at my words and reached to grab his hoodie.

"Stop," I growled, "I want people to know who you belong to."

Karl froze, arm suspended in the air, face now a deep shade of red. I grabbed his hand and guided him to the entrance of the red concrete building. We stepped inside. I could feel Karl tense up as most people were giving us looks of both shock and disapproval. I quickly returned the looks with one that said, 'I am one of the most influential people here, do not dare do anything.' The whispering and glances ceased, and normal conversations resumed.

~

After three hours of monotonous lessons, it was finally lunch time. I hastily located Karl and dragged him to the table where my friends from football were sitting.

"This is Punz, Eret, Bad and Quackity," I introduced, gesturing towards them, "Guys, this is Karl."

I felt him tense up next to me, making me realise that we were still holding hands.

Bad spoke up, "Hi Karl, my name is Darryl, but I prefer the name Bad. Were you the Karl on Sapnap's Instagram almost two weeks ago?"

I saw the brunet nodding his head, barely perceivably. 

"Why is this drug addict here?"

Everyone at the table turned to look at Punz.

"That 'drug addict' is my boyfriend and soulmate," I replied, emphasizing  Punz's words with air quotes.

He just shrugged it off and gestured to the free seats. Me and Karl sat down, the tension soon dissipating, and conversation filled the silence.

a/n

(638 words)

I have been reading fancy books such as 1984 recently so I thought to include some fancier language.

Also... thank you to everyone who has read this, I never imagined we would even reach 10 reads so this is amazing!!