Chapter 18

Sapnap's POV:

The rest of the day was uneventful, with the endless flirting from girls to which I just brushed off again, and the lectures from teachers about being late to lessons. The bell rung, signalling the end of school. I grabbed my bag, dumped my spare textbooks in my locker and walked outside to the parking lot. I saw everyone already sitting inside waiting, Karl in the back, drawing on his arm, Dream frantically searching for the aux cord and George behind the steering wheel. I am really starting to regret giving Dream a spare car key now.

I walked over to the driver's side, "Out, now."

George grumbled and finally got out and climbed into the back seat, next to Karl.

"Dream,"

He turned to look at me.

"You know Bluetooth exists, right?"

He snatched my phone from my hand and connected it to the car.

"You also know that your phone is in the system?"

"I honestly don't care Sapnap."

"Don't break my phone though."

I heard an ear-piercing scream from George, making me and Dream turn to look at him. Karl was laying on top of him.

"You drew something on my arm, I get to draw something on yours," Karl said.

"No, you're going to draw something terrible," George squealed, Karl almost grabbing the pen that was out of his reach.

"Not anything worse than what you drew on mine," Karl retaliated.

I pulled up my sleeve and saw that George had scribbled and destroyed Karl's drawings that had taken him hours to draw. I showed Dream my arm, his face fell.

"George, you know Karl takes hours to draw these," he said.

Upon George not hearing or just outright ignoring Dream, I grabbed a pen from my bag, grabbed Dream's arm and started drawing on it.

Him and Karl started laughing maliciously as they realised what was happening.

"No!" George wailed.

I erupted into fits of laughter.

~

We finally arrived at my apartment; we all got out the car and headed up.

"Who's up for a game of uno?" Dream yelled, walking out of his room brandishing the pack of uno cards. Someone will be killed tonight.

"I'm down," I replied, the others agreeing.

Dream dealt out the cards whilst me and Karl cleared the table and George made some microwave popcorn. Two minutes later, we had finished setting everything up and we were ready to play.

~

"Uno!" I heard George yell, however, little did he know that I had a wonderful surprise for him.

It came around to my turn and I slapped the custom card down, "Plus 10 George," I laughed manically.

He huffed and drew ten cards from the pile, muttering about strangling me later, to which I just brushed off; he was too weak.

A loud noise coming from outside the apartment. I got up, put my cards down and went to the door, to see what the commotion was about. I opened the door and saw Karl's father.

He shoved me out the way and stormed into my apartment.

"Karl, hide!" I yelled, still shocked from the force at which the man threw me with.

I ran inside, to find my boyfriend being pinned the to wall by his father, face frozen from fear. I grabbed my phone and called 999.

"Emergency Services, what do you require?"

"My friends are being attacked," I replied, looking around for Dream, finding him cradling an unconscious George.

"One person is unconscious and another is currently being attacked," I elaborated.

"We are sending out the police and ambulances. Where are you?"

"My parent's apartment, 24, London Street."

I felt my breath speed up.

"What is your name?" they asked.

"Sapnap Halo," I choked out.

"It's going to be ok Sapnap, we'll be here in 2 minutes, can you tell me how old you are?"

"16, the others are also 16."

"Ok, how many people are there?"

"Four of us, including me."

"Alright, we are outside now, what number is your apartment?"

"404, the fourth floor."

Soon after, I heard a loud knocking on the door. I got up and dragged myself to the door, feeling faint. I opened it, to see the police. I stepped out of their way and let them inside.

A woman came up to me, "Is this Sapnap?"

"Yes,"

"Your friends will be safe, don't worry."

I followed the policewoman back to the car. She opened the backseat door and I got in and sat down. I started humming to myself, fidgeting with the sleeve of my hoodie.

~

Approximately two minutes later, I saw Karl's father in handcuffs, being lead out by the police, yelling.

I strained my ears.

"How is this my fault? You should be arresting the boy for being gay!"

My head began to spin, the world fading out of existence.

Dream's POV:

A small group of paramedics hurried over to me and George, whose head I was cradling in my arms.

"I'm ok, he's unresponsive. He was thrown into a wall," I informed them.

They took him from my arms, put him on a stretcher and promptly left. I walked over to Karl, who was shaking on the floor, having just had his father pulled off of him. I pulled him into a hug, gently lifted him and carried him downstairs and outside, where another ambulance was waiting. I handed him over to the paramedics and went to find Sapnap.

A policewoman approached me, "Come with me," she ordered.

I followed her to the back of a police car and got in, seeing Sapnap lying unconscious on the seat next to me. I laid his head on my lap and started playing with his hair. 

a/n

(898 words)

I apologise for not uploading as often. I don't have the time currently but I will try to upload when I can. I am British so apologies to any Americans, this is set in the UK.