Chapter 4

Karl's POV:

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day. I walked out of the school, spotting George, who was chatting to Dream. I took a few tentative steps towards them before George saw me and beckoned me over. I got a strong sense of deja vu from this morning. I walked over to them, pulling on the best poker face I could muster. 

"Hey George and Dream."

"Karlos!" George giggled, giving me a hug, knowing that something was wrong when I had my poker face on. 

"Gogy!" I returned the giggle. Sapnap walked over, glancing between me and George and Dream, "Dream, you better watch out, Karl is going to steal your man."

I scoffed. I didn't like George; being best friends since junior school does this to you and George was Dream's soulmate regardless. 

George walked away, gesturing for us to follow him. We exchanged glances, wondering what the brunet was up to, before following him. 

George opened a car door and got in. I guess this was why he just walked away randomly. 

Dream called shotgun and chucked himself in the car, next to George. I slid in the back, with Sapnap getting in next to me. We all fastened our seatbelts, then George pulled away. 

I was shocked at how bad his driving was. He drove around a sharp corner, not slowing down. Sapnap was flung onto my lap. He looked up at me, smirked.

"Hey, cutie," he whispered seductively. 

I could feel my cheeks heating up and I realised I was probably turning a deep shade of red right now. I shoved him off my lap, making him hit the opposite car door. 

"If you ever do that again, I will break your arm," I whispered in his ear, this time making him blush. 

~

10 minutes later, we finally pulled up at George's house, a building I knew too well at this point. We all got out. I heard Dream muttering a string of curse words under his breath, swearing that he will never let George drive again. 

I turned purple trying not to laugh. This was not helped by the fact that Dream was sending threating glares my way, clearly having realised I heard his cursing. 

George opened the front door dramatically and we all went inside. I ran over to the fridge and grabbed can of monster that I knew he always kept for me. I cracked it open and flopped down on his sofa. Sapnap started laughing at my excitement, to which I returned a joking glare.

Dream and Sapnap joined me on the sofa. George appeared a few seconds later, carrying a bottle of vodka and 4 glasses, setting them down in front of us. I got up, went over to my bag and grabbed a small, plastic bag out of there. I returned back to the boys.

"Karl..." George started.

"George, it's fine. Me and Dream don't mind. It wouldn't be our first time being drunk and high." Sapnap cut him off, pouring himself a shot, downing it and gestured towards the bag I was holding. I gave it to him, then poured myself a shot and downed it. Dream quickly poured himself and George a shot, downing his with a speed similar to mine and Sapnap's. 

After a few shots, we decided to play truth or dare, then get high when we're done. 

"Karl, truth or dare?" Dream asked.

"Truth."

"Do you like anyone in this room?"

"Yes." That was easy, but I knew where this would end up going and I was starting to think playing truth or dare while tipsy is not a good idea. Although, I didn't voice these thoughts.

~

It was George's turn to ask someone. 

"Sapnap, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Kiss Karl."

"Ok," he leant over to me and kissed me on the cheek. I could feel my cheeks heating up for the third time today. His lips felt so good, I wanted nothing more than to kiss him now. 

"Karl, truth or dare?" Sapnap asked.

"Dare."

"I dare you to sing your favourite song and upload it on my Instagram account."

I was not going to lie, I thought I could've gotten off the hook because only George follows my Instagram account. But Sapnap, he had almost the entire school and people from other schools following him. 

I grabbed my phone and went upstairs to George's room, finding an instrumental version and singing along to it. I replayed the song, surprised that I didn't sound half-bad being drunk. I went downstairs, airdropped the audio file to Sapnap's phone and uploading it to his Instagram account with the caption 'This is a dare, sorry -Karl'.

I posted it, jumping when after only a few minutes, there was already almost 300 likes and 100 comments on the post. 

I froze.

"You good Karl?" Sapnap asked.

"I knew you had lots of people following you but not that much. Holy shit."

Sapnap just laughed. 

I realised the time. I was going to be in tons of trouble for being out this late.

"I'm sorry guys, nice chatting but I have to go now." I grabbed my stuff and ran out the door.

Sapnap's POV:

That was slightly weird. I do understand where he is coming from though. My concern was clearly visible because Dream teased, "Is Sappy in love?"

I glared at him.

"Sapnap, he'll be fine. Take another drink, having worry plastered on your face is not a good look for you." George inputted.

I glared at him too.

"I'm being serious though, he'll be ok..." George's voice tailed off, just making me more worried. 

10 minutes later, I had mostly forgotten about him, me and Dream teasing each other and cracking jokes all night long for about 2 hours. I then got a text from my dad, asking me to come back home. 

"I have to go now, enjoy your night." I was halfway out the door before shouting, "Make sure George can still walk tomorrow Dream."

I slammed the door shut and walked home. Luckily, I only live 2 minutes away so the walk wasn't that bad. 

I went inside, silently shutting the door, grabbing some paracetamol tablets and a bottle of water. I swallowed the tablets and drank the entire bottle of water. I really didn't want a terrible hangover so I was praying that this now and again in the morning would make it bearable. 

I got changed into my favourite hoodie and PJs, laying down in bed. I grabbed my phone, clicking on Instagram and watching the video of Karl singing. 

His voice was angelic. I haven't heard anyone that can sing like this, this high for years, not since before Dream's friend, Wilbur, hit puberty. 

Karl was singing 'Rise Up' by TheFatRat. He was singing it with so much emotion that I was convinced the lyrics directly related to him. 

I closed my eyes, falling asleep to the soft sound of Karl singing replaying on my phone.

a/n

(1140 words)

Yay! I finally managed to hit the over 1k words in a chapter mark.