Katniss Everdeen

For @JolieRzs

Katniss giving y/n their secret signal

Katniss Everdeen stood nervously in the launch room of the Capitol, preparing to enter the arena for the 74th Hunger Games. She knew that she was one of the best fighters in the competition, but the thought of leaving her family and friends behind still filled her with dread.

As she waited for the countdown to begin, her thoughts turned to her best friend and secret crush, Y/N. She knew that Y/N would be watching her every move, cheering her on from the safety of District 12. But Katniss also knew that she needed to give Y/N a signal, a sign that would tell her friend that she was thinking of her, even in the midst of this brutal competition.

Katniss took a deep breath and focused her attention on the cameras that were broadcasting her every move to the people of Panem. She raised her hand in the air, a subtle gesture that would go unnoticed by most viewers.

But Y/N was not like most viewers. She knew Katniss better than anyone else in District 12, and she recognized the gesture immediately. As she watched her friend on the television screen, she felt a surge of emotion wash over her. She knew that Katniss was giving her the signal, telling her that she was still alive and fighting, no matter what challenges lay ahead.

In that moment, Y/N felt a deep sense of gratitude for Katniss. She knew that her friend was risking her life for the chance to bring honor and glory to their district, but she also knew that Katniss was doing it for her. The thought filled her with a sense of purpose and determination, as if she were somehow part of the Hunger Games herself.

As the countdown continued and Katniss prepared to enter the arena, Y/N watched with a mixture of fear and excitement. She knew that the next few days would be filled with unimaginable danger and hardship, but she also knew that her friend was strong enough to overcome anything that came her way.

And as she watched Katniss disappear into the darkness of the arena, Y/N whispered a silent prayer, hoping that her friend would emerge victorious and return to District 12, safe and sound.