Skyler Storm

Requested by @eccyuk a year ago. Sorry about that

When your girlfriend finds out that you were the new hero everyone was talking about

Flashback your POV

It was a freak accident, something that I thought only happened in movies. I was bored so I went to explore abandoned buildings. This particular building was an abandoned lab or some sorts. It was all run down, there were holes in the ceiling and wires everywhere. I decided to take a closer look at some of the old computers, because I love technology. Then it happened

Rain wasn't even in the forecast, but out of nowhere it started pouring, and when I tied to back away from the electrical stuff, my foot got tangled in some wire. When the wire got wet I was shocked, and I passed out from pain.

It had felt like I had woken up days later, but it had only been an hour or so. I went home and forgot that any of that had happened. I figured out that I had powers a few weeks later.

At first it was barely noticeable. It was a big test day, and our teacher set the test in-front of an outlet. I went to plug in my phone in an outlet across the room, when the outlet in-front of the tests set on fire, and we had to evacuate the school.

Next time it happened it was at home. My brother was playing video games and was hogging the big TV. So I jokingly held my hands out to turn off his game from my seat, when a violet current went out of the tv into the controller and shocked him. I still didn't get the tv because we had to take him to the hospital to treat his 1st degree burns.

After that, I knew that I had powers. I practiced in the woods behind my house for weeks when I finally discovered what they were and how I could use them. I could control electricity!and lightning. I could also creat strong electrical currents from my body, that came out in violet rays. I gave myself the name ultraviolet, and that was it.

Later I was recruited by this place called mighty med.

Present time

I am sitting on the couch in the common room waiting for the last few heroes to arrive. I feel the room go silent when they walk in, I know I'm screwed when I see my girlfriend.

"Uhm. Hey babe." I say nervously while scratching the back of my neck.

"Explain now." She replies

"Hey, you have some explanations to do to Miss Storm." I say with sass. She just puts her hands on her hips and smirks at me.

"Okay, you go first."