Chapter 1 Snatched from us

Y/n followed her younger sister Shuri into the elevator, having just came from seeing T'Challa. Shuri wanted to hurry up and finish attempting to recreate the Heart-Shaped Herb.

Y/n's hand's shook anxiously as the elevator took them to the lab,

She glanced over at Shuri who was holding her hands together.

"Bast, Time is running out. Please allow me to heal my brother of this illness. And I will never question your existence again." Shuri spoke to herself, hoping someone would hear her pray.

The elevator came to a stop before it opened and they both rushed out. "His heart rate is dropping fast, where are we?" Shuri asked one of the scientist who were helping her with the project.

"We are finishing a sequence now." He replied but it definitely wasn't fast enough for Shuri. She needed to take matters in to her own hands.

"Griot, give me the control," Shuri said to her Al.

Y/n stayed near her younger sister while she worked in a panic to heal T'Challa. doubt grew in my mind as T'Challa's heart rate dropped.

"As you wish, Princess," Griot obeyed.

Y/n glanced over at Shuri and heard Griot speak, "King T'Challa's heart rate has decreased to 31 beats per minute."

"Princess, you should go by his side," One of her scientist advised her in a panic.

"I have to think. Everyone get out." Shuri said and when nobody moved she started to shout at everyone in frustration. "Get out!"

Everyone began to leave in a hurry, Y/n stayed by her side preparing for the worst, she glanced over at shuri who continued her work in silence.

"What is the confidence rate?" Shuri asked Griot In panic to save our brother.

"It's 29.1 percent."

"Print it!" Shuri ordered, referring for Griot to start printing out the Heart-Shaped Herb.

Shuri walked over to the printer as Griot spoke " princess I am aware of the urgency, but I must warn you, this herb has a minimal chance of producing the desired affects." "I don't care! Has to work."

Shuri pulled the Herb from the machine and she swiftly made her way to T'Challa's room, before she could make it in, our mother was already waiting outside of his door a heart broken look on her face.

"Griot?"

"Yes, Princess?"

"What's my brother's heart rate?"

Queen mother sighed, a tear escaping her eye and she spoke softly. " your brother is with the ancestors."

Y/n stopped what she was doing and walked up the stairs and over to Shuri swiftly to hold her.

"No," Shuri cried and so did her Mother, when she reached Shuri she dropped the Herb, immediately throwing her arms around her older sister and crying into her shoulder. The universe snatched baba now T'Challa, I wont let anything happen to Shuri or our Mother.

Mother walked over, putting her arms around the girls and hugged her. Y/n held both of them, being strong for both only a single tear leaving her eye but she would not let anymore fall.