Chapter 16 Mama! Mama!

Shuri’s pov a couple of hour’s before

Once we were transferred to the talon, I told Griot to take us back to Wakanda while mother and Y/n settle their disagreements.

When we returned to Wakanda, we see the sun is in the centre of the sky. I hurried to the lab, bracing myself for the impending fight.

"Y/n here," I say, and she turns to face me as I hand her the spear.

"Shuri," she says, bewildered. "How did you obtain this? I thought it was lost in the water."

"It took a while, but I found it and corrected the scratches," I remark, pleased with myself.

And she embraces me. She hugs me, which she hasn't done since T'challa died. “Shuri, I adore you.” Y/n says to me in Xhosa, "You will always be my little sister," and my eyes open with joy.

Before I could say anything, the door opens, showing Aneka.

"Aneka," I say, staring at her, and she embraces me and Y/n.

"I simply wanted to return these," she says as she reaches inside her belt for the two daggers Shuri crafted for her to try out.

"No," I said, raising my hand, "keep these, you might need them soon."

Y/n and mother had warned the tribes to be ready for an attack.

“Mm the spy saves wakanda once again. Im sure the queen will reward her with lifetime banishment” M’Baku say’s chuckling.

Me and Y/n get an alert that the city has been attacked the lab start’s blaring and flashes red.

Griot start’s speaking “activates the sunbird”

I grab some equipment when Mother speak’s through the kimoyo bead’s.

“Y/n, Shuri where are you?”  Mother say’s in a state of panic

“Making our way to the city right now”

“Stand down that is an order”  my Mother command’s

“Mother I'm with Aneka and Y/n. We can provide air support while Y/n fight’s on the ground.” I can see Y/n roll’s her eye’s but ignore it

“Aneka do not let her leave that lab.”

“Mother your breaking up we cant hear you” I say trying to sound like we cant and her so she shouts “Shuri!”

“Love you bye”

“You just hanged up on the queen” Aneka gives me a look of disbelief.

“I just hung up on my mum. There’s a difference. Come let’s go” I commend and I drag y/n with us and pass her the spear.

We get into a talon and fly off toward’s the city once we get to the bridge we drop y/n off “good luck” I say to her and then we continue looking for Namor.

As we are flying we see bomb’s going off all around us when Griot speak’s up “ EMTs are suffering a form of sonic hypnosis” as a visual of them jumping over board is shown.

We reach the flooded street’s and pull out the talon weapons. We aim at the train in the water and fire our claw at it picking it up and out of the water mother send’s out evacuation pods to evacuate civilians around Wakanda and out of harm’s way.

We see Namor on the ground surround by three of his people and three more of our war ship’s flying toward’s him firing. His wing accelerates past them and bounces off their windshields.

He then sliced off the wings, stabbing his vibranium made scepter under the Talon, and slamming it into another oncoming one.

Our generals talon flies at him and firing he dodges every blast thrown at him and slices the talons wing clean off sending her crashing through building on the way down.

He finally land’s on the bridge and me and Aneka fly towards him and we started firing at him only for him to dive into the water.

“Shit he’s to fast.”

“He’s even faster in the water.” Aneka say’s pressing button’s on the panel and I start following after namor firing at him from above but missing him every time.

He stop’s suddenly and we circle the last known sighting of him when he in no longer visible we start flying off thill he land’s on our windscreen and stabbing our engine.

Me and Aneka both scream as he stab’s it into our talon and he glares at me with anger. Our talon start’s to swerve losing control until finally crashing into the water and Namor leaves.

Water start’s to fill in our Talon and Aneka speak’s in panic.

“Activating system override” Aneka says taping a few buttons

“No wait. I’ll fix this” I say as an alarm blares and I start tapping buttons.

“Cant leave you here Shuri” Aneka says panicking while fumbling with the seatbelt.

We get levitated from the talon and into an evacuation pod with Okoye, Y/n and Nakia. They set me down in seat, and I look out the window to see the outside of the throne room window have water explode outside of it and I panic thinking of my mother.

“Okoye, move now!” I say as panic set’s in that we may get there to late. Y/n hold’s me close while holding her bloodied side.

We get there and Okoye and Nakia run in first. after 3 minutes pass I start sprinting with Y/n calling my name behind me, I glance behind me to see her sprinting after me.

Once we get to the open throne room I run inside with Aneka by my left and Y/n on my right and we see my mother on her back not breathing.

“Mother.”

“Keep her back” Okoye shout’s at Aneka and Y/n and they obeyed.

“Mother. Mama! Mama!” I scream for her while Namor speaks

“Bury your dead, mourn your losses. You are queen now.” He  say’s pointing to me I struggle to get out of their grip “mother! No!” I scream my heart breaking and he fly’s off.

“Get off me! Mother Mama!” My scream echo’s throw what’s left of the throne room and Aneka struggles to keep hold of me.

“Mama!” My voice cracks as I speak tear’s stream down my face and M'Baku had to help Aneka hold me back while Y/n left to go over to Okoye and Nakia  “mama! Mother!” I keep screaming hoping that she would wake up and this would be a dream.

I was wrong. I finally get let go and dash into Y/n’s arm’s clinging on to her for life support I could tell I was strangling her but I didn’t care at this point I need to make sure she wouldn’t leave me.

I scream into Y/n’s arms before collapsing to the floor. When I glance up, she is also sobbing, and she kisses the top of my head while caressing my back. She turned my attention away from what was going on with Okoye and Nakia, assuring me that everything would be OK.