Chapter 15 It could have been different

Namoras pov

I wander around the battlefield. I went through the ankle-deep water, holding my spear erect, watching the talons soar over my head and Y/n being dropped down on the bridge by one of them. I walked up the steps to the bridge, her back to me. My steps were deliberate and precise as I approached her. Careful. As I got close enough, she spun around, putting her spear to my neck, and her face lit up with recognition. "Namora," she whispered gently.

“Y/n ”

“Namora you have to to stop this there will be nothing but blood and war“

“There is no stopping It now Y/n your people  have murdered two of ours in cold blood that is something that can not be easily forgiven” I say lifting my spear to her.

She snarled and pulled her arm back to swing the spear.

As the blade swept toward me, I stepped in close to her body, so when I turned my right shoulder brushed his chest. Using the edges of my opened hands, I struck her upper and lower arm. The combined force of my strike and her swing made Y/n’s arm go immediately limp. The weapon clattered to the floor.

Grabbing her arm, I twisted it until the heel of her hand pointed toward the dusty sky. Then I pivoted, placing my right shoulder under her elbow. I yanked her hand down. A loud crack then a scream as Y/n’s arm broke. Spinning around to face her , I punched her twice in the nose. Blood gushed.

I kicked Y/n in the ribs. And she fell to the floor and she was still, I knelt beside her and felt for a pulse. A strong throb met my fingertips. Y/n clutched my elbow. I yelped in surprise and she punched me in the face. Her grip relaxed, and I pulled my arm free. She snatched the spear from the floor. She dipped and weaved right as I was about to reach her and slashed downwards with the sword. Y/n parried with her spear the blade ’s clashed against each other.

The fight had taken me and Y/n close to the edge of the bridge and I had my back almost to the bridges rails, despite my counter offensive.

Y/n was not open to many attacks but I was not done yet. The quick blow had opened up and I went for another attack doing a kick into her stomach, doubling her over. I then followed that attack with a quick rising uppercut.

I heard her wince at the pain and stand up right again.

I was thrown off guard when she head butted me. using the environment to her advantage, back flipped of the rails and pushed off towards me.  The manoeuvre sent her twisting mid air, while mid air she flattened her body out, feet first. She colliding with me, and wrapped her legs around my neck pulling me too the floor.

The manoeuvre caught me off guard and I was recovering, once again. She gave me an apologetic shrug,  As if to say, “sorry” for what was going to come next.

As she went to strike I used her momentum in a creative way, I jerked to the right and swung around Y/n.

Then, when she was directly behind me,  I curled her legs into her body and angled her body towards the ground, changing the direction of his fall, putting the weight of his jump into a powerful throw. Y/n was pulled off his feet violently and was thrown across the floor.

She lays on her back holding her bloody side and I lean on the rail panting “it could of have been different” I say looking down at her.

"I guess what they say is true, there is no love and war," she adds with a sorrowful grin as she attempts to shift from her position.

I go to walk up to her but a evacuation pod flew over head and levitated Y/n from the ground. A couple minutes go by and I see water explode outside of the throne room and I take that as my queue to leave I walk up to one of the remaining talokanil “Jach p'isib u biin. Notificar je'el talokanil restante” It's time to go. notify any remaining talokanil.

He nods and runs off while dive head first into the water and starts swimming back to talokan.