Chapter 13 Don't bullshit me

Y/n’s pov

Namora was escorting me back to Shuri and Riri. I only saw Riri when I arrived, and when I turned to Namora, she comprehended what I was saying and left to get K’uk'ulkan.

“ You ok you were gone for a long time?” Riri say’s carefully when she see’s my dangerous mood.

“Im fine” I cut the convocation short and sit on the hammock waiting for Shuri to come back. A couple of minutes pass and Shuri was escorted back in with us.

“So what happened?” Riri ask’s Shuri in hopeful voice hoping to be let go as she walk’s in.

“He want’s to go to war with he surface world, and asked us to help him” Shuri respond’s in disbelief.

Shuri looks at me and runs to hug me but I don't hug back. When I don't do this she steps back and grabs my hand out of worry.

“Y/n what’s wrong?” She question’s me in confusion and concern.

“Do you remember when you had to heal me in your lab after the battle with killmonger?” I question her.

“Yes why?.”  I question her. I see her rub her Hand on her dress.

“Did you know?” I query.

I can see her posture freeze but she speaks anyway “I didn’t- ” I cut her off when seeing her face on realisation.

‘Don't bullshit me Shuri did you know?!” I say impatiently and full of rage.

She sighs softly. “ Yes. Mother informed me when I was old enough to understand since she knew I'd figure it out sooner or later; but she simply told me you were blue and adopted and nothing else." I have wide eyes when I stare at her.

"You deceived me," I say in shock, "no I-" "I stood by you when T'Challa and T'Chaka died, every time you were chastised for being a child, and you didn't stand with me," I cut her off again. "I'm finished."

She sits on the hammock, looking down, and asks, "How did you find out?" Shuri asks me gently, her emotions taking control as she looks up at me with hazy eyes.

"I recalled it when Namora offered me some banned medicine that opened suppressed memories. And it turns out that Namora and I have a passionate history."

Shuri is shocked at the news, but her expression immediately fades and she looks down with despair tears streaming down her cheeks, while Riri has her back turned to allow us some privacy in this little place.

“This information stays in this cave are we clear” I say glancing at both of them.

“Yes” they both agree.

Before any more can be said we hear faint foot step’s and turn around to see Nakia walk into he cave with a gun.

“Ey!” One of the guards say when she spot’s her.

“Suelta a arma” drop your weapon Nakia say’s in Talokan

“Kíinsik le princesa” Kill the Princess's  but before the guard can throw her spear at Shuri Nakia blast’s her killing her. So the other guard behind Shuri grab’s her knife and hold’s it at her throat.

“Suelta a xotob” Drop your knife Nakia said to her losing patients .

“Teeche kiinsik u” you killed her she says her voice was shaky looking at the guards dead body than back to the Intruder fear shown in her eyes.

Cha' u bin ka ma' k'abéet a kíimil” let them go and you don't need to die the woman look’s at her in dread before looking to me and I stand in-front of them.

“Nakia drop your weapon” I say harshly and I look back to the woman “Suelta a xotob xan” Drop your knife too and Nakia look’s shocked that I could speak there language.

The women behind me drop’s her weapon and stands to the side only for Nakia to shot her in the side of the stomach. me and shuri dash over to her while Nakia run’s to us.

“Are you okay?”

“Give me your bead’s. I can save her”

“ We have to go” Nakia say’s in matter of urgency

“ You don't understand this ill mean war”  I say’s in a state of panic looking at her.

“We have to go” Nakia say’s as she drag’s me and shuri away.

When we made it to her water mobile there was only two oxygen mask’s

“You two use them” I say to shuri and Riri has I hand them over.

“What no. what about you” Riri asks her

“Don't you worry about me I've have faced alot more than holding my breath now put it on” I say already getting annoyed.

We get on her bike and travel 140 meter’s back up to the surface I could hold my breath underwater for 20 minutes ever since Okoye trained me. Yet my thoughts were solely on Namora as we drove away, and I debated whether to stay with Nakia or return to Talokan.

I chose to depart since I doubt Namor will be pleased if a surface dweller remains, even if I am Talokanil.

When we reach the surface, I take a big breath and cough a little before hearing a rumbling noise above us and seeing a talon. The talon glides above us and picks us up, and Shuri's mother is the first to welcome us. She tightly embraces Shuri, saying "thank you" to Nakia before moving on to hug me. I push back from her embrace, hatred in my eyes, "you lied to me."

"I'm sorry, we attempted to bring your memories back but it proved pointless when we couldn't discover a method to assist, so we raised you as our own," she says regretfully, hoping that I will understand.

“You were wrong. All of you were wrong! instead of lying to me and making me feel like an outsider, you could have told me." All of my hidden emotions, are emerging.

"I'm sorry," she says gently as she pulls me into an embrace, and I allow her this time, I breathe in her vanilla aroma and it bring’s me some calm in this dark moment. I didn't even see the talon moving till Wakanda appeared. "My phoney home," I say under my breath. The view was lovely, but nothing compared to Namora. I swear I sound like a love-sick puppy.