Chapter 2 In Honour of you

Y/n stood on the right of Shuri and the left of Mother, wearing traditional white clothing in honour of T'Challa. It was the second time she wore this dress and she hated every minute of it, having lost another family member.  Y/n blinked with a soft sigh and breathing steady she put an arm around Shuri’s shoulder’s, to give her comfort, to know I'm still here and to bring her back to the present.

"We give thanks for the gift of King T’Challa.” The shaman says as she tips water into the soil and continues speaking, “The Black Panther. Son of King T’Chaka.” Everyone copy her except for mother, me and Shuri who says son and brother, and she continues “A descendant of the revered King Bashenga, the first,Black Panther. We release you.”

“Glory to the ancestors." They had spoken in Xhosa, everyone repeating what the shaman had said.

The Dora Milaje uncovered T'Challa's coffin and lifted it from the ground. They walked down the street, everyone singing T'Challa's name and dancing. Y/n walked next to Shuri and there mother.

T'Challa's funeral made her have to be strong for her family and kingdom. T’Challa made people feel loved, and protected. While for some reason people feared me, it gave me confidence and power, Mother didn’t like me using that as an ‘advantage’ as she called it.

Y/n watched, tears clouding her vision as Shuri set down T'Challa's, Black Panther helmet but didn’t let them slip. Me, Shuri and Mother put our hands on the coffin, almost feeling like we were holding on to T'Challa's hand. Mother walked back slowly while  Shuri went to, but ultimately turned around and cried softly on T'Challa's coffin. Mumbling small ‘sorry's' in Xhosa.

I put my hand on Shuri's shoulder and it took her a few seconds before she backed up to her spot."I promise you that I will be with you forever," I say quietly to Shuri holding her hand. The aircraft had levitationally pulled T'Challa's coffin from the ground. Everyone around us did the Wakanda X, a symbol of respect for T'Challa and all watched as the coffin was sent into the Royal Talon Flyer. As the Talon flew off, they dropped their hands and bowed their heads out of respect.