Chapter 9 What the hell

I wake up to a dime yet beautifully lit cave, I look up to find stalactite with glow worms attached to them, giving an elegant look to this place I than hear a gasp and I look to my right to see Riri and Shuri.

“Oh my god” Riri exclaims as she look’s around in a panic.

“Okay, breath, breath” Y/n say’s to her.

“Oh don't tell me to breath, where the hell are we?” Riri says almost having a panic attack.

“We’re in a cave, I'm not sure where” Shuri cuts off before Y/n choose to kill her which she would.

Y/n look’s around while Shuri try’s to comfort Riri too see guards at there post watching us. she look’s at Riri when she say’s in a state of panic yet the conversation get’s blocked out the only thing she can think of is the sound of her voice replaying in her head unforgettable.

“Isn’t there like a new black panther that you can call to come and get us out?” Riri ask’s Shuri.

I look at Shuri too see her reaction she look’s at her calmly.

“No, because it doesn’t work like that anymore, the black panthers gone” as Shuri says that her head lowers and I get up to put my hand on her shoulder for her to know I'm still here and not leaving her.

“So y'all just stop having black panthers when I get kidnapped? She ask’s in shock and I snap at her in a harsh whisper to not draw as much attention.

“Hey!, don't be insensitive we don't control what the universe takes  and gives to us so don't disrespect me, Shuri or T’Challa.” I lean my head closer to her my eye’s full of hatred “ be thankful we even came to save you. do I make my self clear” I hiss at her and I see her gulp and cower under my view.

“Yes” she squeak’s out.

“Good” I say than look at Shuri to see her shocked face that I just said that.

As I say that two more Talokanil people walk into the room, Riri cower’s behind shuri and I pull Shuri behind me as I stand tall to the two who had entered the room one was holding clothing and the other was holding a bowl of fruit.

“U nook' le xíiw Princesse Guatemala mina'an u yotocho'ob Here Royalty Wear le mentej teechi.”princesse's here royalty wear's traditional clothing we made this for you

“Do you understand her” Riri ask’s Shuri in confusion.

“Not completely” Shuri responds back to her unsure of what to do so she look’s at me.

“She said royalty here were traditional clothing” I say calmly knowing they don't threaten us but I don't let my guard down, Riri and Shuri look at me in confusion.

“How did you know she was saying that?” Riri ask’s Y/n

“Our baba had book’s that related to these people and their language and I learnt from there” I lie smoothly to them while not taking my eye’s of the two in-front of me and the guard’s standing post around us.

The blue woman lift’s her hand’s up making the clothing go higher and I grab them and give one to Shuri.

“Ko'oten tin wéetel” come with me she say’s as she points towards the door

“Wait, your not going to leave me here are you?” Riri ask hesitantly and frightened.

“We’re coming back, we’re coming back” Shuri says twice to reassure her.

“Your coming back.” I mumble to Shuri and she nudge’s me.

The blue woman walk’s out of the room with us following her.

As we get escorted to a changing room we look around the place and I get a sense of deja vu.

After we get changed I look down at the dress we were given it is a very light white silk robe closed on the torso by an elaborate neckpiece made of green and orange pearls that wrap around the shoulders.

The blue lady come’s back a few moment’s later “K’uk’ulkan in wil Shuri táanile', S leti' n k'a'ana'an u pa'atik yéetel juntúul k Kaambalo'ob yétel le.” K’uk’ulkan would like to see Shuri first, Y/n must wait with one of our guards.

I explain to Shuri what see had said and she give’s me a fearful look and I grab her hand reassuringly and whisper “you got this” with the same hand gesture and she chuckles lightly.

“be safe” I say sternly to her. “I will you be safe too”

We often stated it to one other, especially T'Challa, as a means of bast taking care of each other and providing comfort in tough times.

Shuri get’s taken by the Talokanil woman to see Namor and I get lead to see one on the guard’s and to my surprise it’s Namora who is looking after me, she was in a red top half with a white bottom dress her hair in a high bun and what seemed to be feather’s in her hair it made her look radiant and elegant especially under the glow worm’s light.

I get a sense of deja vu again and a weird flash back that seemed to flash before I could comprehend it it was gone and I was back in the cave.

“What the hell?” I whisper quietly under my breath.