Chapter 21 Can I get some of that too

Shuri’s pov

I woke up in my room. My head felt drowsy and heavy. I looked around the room. My curtains were closed. The memories of yesterday hit me like a train. I turned to my bedside table and looked at the time 6am. I bolted up out of my bed which was a mistake. I lose my footing and fell to the floor with a thump. I let out a groan and grabbed the bed for support as I got up.

I grab a towel and rub my face, I start walking towards the bathroom for a shower, rebraid my hair, and get in my clothes for the day.

As soon as I walk out of my room, I feel energised, and I begin to make my way to the lab to begin my work. It takes me 20 minutes to get to the lab from my room. As I push down on the door handle and push it I hit my face as it doesn’t open.

“Owww” I say as I rub my nose and try to open it again

“Griot?”

“Yes princess” he responds back to me
“Open the lab door please”  I say impatiently  

“I can not princess Override code 3574 has been activated”

“When?” I say aggravated

“Yesterday evening by Y/n”

I huff angrily “where is Y/n?”

“Y/n is is the dining hall”

I start to speed walk angrily towards the dinning hall to find Y/n. I push the double doors open and walk it my eyes scanning the room to find her only to find okoye and Riri and I walk over to them.

‘Okoye, Riri have you seen y/n?”

"Yes, look behind you," Okoye says, pointing behind me, and I quickly turn my body towards the door, where I see her waving farewell before rushing away. I began to sprint after her; she was faster than me, but I was closing the gap.

“ I should never have worn heels” I mumble to myself and continue running after her.

She turns the corner and I follow suit but as I turn the corner she’s gone. I look around only to see and hear nothing, I start to slowly walk down the hall looking back every so often.

“Where did you go?” I question myself quietly.

“Looking for me” I turn around swiftly and put my right leg back and my left leg forward, with hands held in the guard position, preparing for an attack only to see Y/n there.

I lower my stance and I look behind her then behind me “what the hell. Where did you just come from.” She points up and I glance up to see the open vents.

“How the hell did you get up there so fast” I question her shocked.

"You were pursuing me in heels, and Okoye trained me." She shrugs as if nothing is wrong.

I shake my head and return to the matter at hand, "Y/n you locked me out of the lab. "I'd like to be let back in." I say this while putting my hands on my hips to appear scary.

She raises her eyebrow and puts and arm around my shoulders " So evidently you haven't been out of the lab in a month possibly without meals. So you're not going back in until you take care of yourself," she says as she begins to walk away.

And I chased her down, saying, "hey, wait, I need to finish producing the heart-sharp herb because we're going to battle soon and it needs to be ready," as I stepped in front of her, stopping her from getting any farther.