Chapter 8 Now get in the car

Y/n is driving her SSC Tuatara with Okoye in the passenger seat and Shuri and Riri in the back as we drive to her lab.

“Hey” Shuri grabs Riri’s hand “don't mind my older sister she doesn’t trust anyone” she says softly Riri just nods as her.

Y/n pulls up at a warehouse and we all get out.

"I just have to grab my work laptop," Riri said as they walked towards the warehouse.

"Please, don't touch anything," Riri warned, walking in. "You don't have to worry about that," said Okoye.

"It may not look like much but it's my life's work in here," Riri said.

"So, the design for the machine is on that laptop?" Okoye asked Riri who was opening up her backpack.

"Yeah."

"And you just leave it on a desk in a car garage?" Okoye deadpanned.

"I got 2065 byte encryption on that thing." Riri replied.

Y/n looked around, Shuri holds her older sisters hand as if she'd disappear. "That's impressive. Ever locked yourself out?" Shuri asked, looking at the bulletin board.

"It took me the whole semester to get back in. Had to build a functional quantum computer just to crack my own encryption." Riri said with a slight chuckle.

Y/n furrowed her brows looking closely at papers on the board.

"What is it your building here? Is it Stark tech?" Y/n questioned.

"I said don't touch anything," Riri shot back. Y/n raised a brow, not liking how she just avoided the question.

"Princess, American law enforcement has arrived at your location." Griot spoke.

“Shit” Shuri cursed.

"Who was that?" Riri asked, referring to the Al.

"My Al," Shuri answered. She let go of Y/n’s hand and walked over to the window, Riri following.  Okoye pulled up a visual on her Kimoyo Beads. "They're surrounding us.”

" Thought you said a merman was after me. That's the Feds," Riri argued. Shuri ignored her, pulling off her Kimoyo Beads that turned into the wasp and lodge itself on one of swat cars as a man stuck a knife in their tires.

"Let's just say you're a very wanted person," Y/n said.

"Oh I do not need this shit right now!”

Y/n blocked out whatever Riri was saying before jumping onto one of the boxes and opening the window.

“Y/n what are you doing?” Shuri exclaimed holding her hand trying to pull her back down.

“Relax shuri just see how many there are and their weaponry” Y/n says back to her little sister who’s grip on her hand releases slightly.

"Ay! Namor sank an entire ship of CIA operatives because of your little machine. So those po po out there, are the least of your worries," Okoye said, replying to whatever Riri was complaining about.

"General, they've got us surrounded. Maybe we should just split up," Shuri compromised.

Y/n laughed at Shuris idea "Out of question.”

"Does this car work?"  Y/n asked Riri with little patients, pointing to the car with a tarp on it. "No," Riri lied.

"Everything in this lab works. Including this bike," Shuri said.