Chapter 11 Its been so long

I was in a dark room with nothing but stillness except for my breathing; it took a few minutes before many doors opened in front of me, each with a number from 1 to 26 and a date. I presume these were recollections, and the date was the most important to me.

I go to the first one, number ten, and open the door. I'm greeted with a bright light until I walk through and encounter an under water civilisation "Talokan," which I whisper under my breath, and four children playing together. I was on the sidelines, unable to intervene and only able to walk closer to them.

“K’uk’ulkan” one of the children shouts as they play ulama and pass the ball they were playing to him. “Attuma” K’uk’ulkan yell’s as he hit’s the ball using his knee to him and into the scoring ring.

“Ma'alo'ob báaxal Namora y S/n” good game Namora and Y/n  Attuma say’s as he pets one of the girl’s back and my eye’s widen releasing that it was me as a kid with Namora, K’uk’ulkan and  Attuma.

“Utsil k'intaj ti' u láak' "semana" ka’atéen” better luck next time K’uk’ulkan say’s as he swim’s off with Attuma to do whatever it is they do.

“Ba'ax a k'áat a meetej bejla’e.” What do you want to do now? Namora ask’s me and I can see my younger self freeze in my spot as she speak’s.

“Ba'ax ka tal juntúul tatuaje significativo.” How about a meaningful tattoo? Little me say’s and we swim over to the shop.

“tu yo'olal Ba’ax?” About what? She look’s at me

And I think for a minute “Ka'atúul delfines ts'aik suto'ob ichil yan tuméen to'on k espaldas.” Two dolphins circling each other because we have each other backs.

She look’s at me and nods “ka k encontraremos ka’a”  and we will find each other again.

(Time skip)

——————————————————————————————

After we got the tattoo’s I hold Namora’s hand’s “In yaakunech Namora, teech in uláak' chúumuk in k’iino’.” I love you Namora, you are the other half of my sun.

“In k'áatech, in yaakunaj” I love you my love she respond’s with. Kiss on the cheek.

They leave Talokan to interact with dolphins or hunt for seashells the temperature dipped all of a sudden. Dark clouds obscured the moon. They churned grimly in the night sky, as black as a killer whales back. The moon’s mercury flush was painted silver by the thunderheads, casting down shivers of light with a ghostly glow. Underneath the moon, the rain moved towards us like a wraith’s veil of sorrow. A winnowing wind fermented and sighed, rippling the surface of the corpse calm sea.

The rain whipped down like crystal nails and streaky lightning emblazoned the sky. The sea swells rose and we froze as the north wind blew. Lacerating rain stung thew water hitting our bare arms like ice burn and the sea throbbed grey with woe.

We gripped on tighter hanging on to each other for life. A mountainous wave rose up before us, blotting out the sky. The wind howled out our doom.

The wave crashed down, separating me and Namora for each other's hold. Screaming out to one another, only to be met with stillness. The river swept me away and tossed me around aimlessly until I hit a rock, which opened a cut in the side of my stomach and obscured my eyesight.

I awoke in a hospital wing and lifted my head to find a woman and a man seated besides me. I had no idea who they were and was terrified. "Relax my child, you are in a safe environment," the man says to me as I bend my head to him.

"My name is T'Chaka, and this is my wife, Queen Ramonda; you are in Wakanda; what is your name?" he replies quietly, and I glance at the woman, whose name I later learned was Ramonda. "Y/n," I answer softly but confidently, looking behind them to see a teenage boy.

“this is T’Challa our son”

I stress even more when I see my skin's usual colour, which was only supposed to happen in the water.

"It's okay, child, we had to modify your skin colour so you would mix in more with us," she says as she extends her hand to me, but I refuse and stand on my own.

"How is the healing machine progressing?" The monarch addresses one of his scientists in Xhosa, a language I am unfamiliar with.

"Will be up and running in a minute, my king," he responds, pushing a few more buttons into the machine and seeing it light up "it ready, my king," the guy I recognise as T'Chaka nods and bends down to my eye level.

"This machine will tell us whether you have any internal injuries Y/n jump in please," he says softly, and I do as he says.

But something went wrong, and I quickly regretted it when what seemed like a million needles were ripping my flesh. At that time, all I could think about was being back in Namora's arms, waiting for her to assure me everything was fine.

Yet it felt like my old memories of her were being taken away and replaced with fresh ones at the time. The pain ceased after a few of minutes but seemed like hour's and I glance up to the two individuals in-front of me and say "mother, father”.

The king and queen exchange frightened glances, unsure what to do next. "Yes, we are your parents' Y/n," they say.

I'm yanked away from the memories with a gasp. I grip the side of the bed as some sort of anchor, but it doesn't work since tears are flowing down my cheeks. For 16 years, the people I thought would always have my back lied to me; even T'Challa suppressed that knowledge from me.

I'm glad I didn't cry for the traitor, after being dragged back to familiar surroundings and feeling arms around me, Namora's empathetic eyes met mine, making me feel at home for the first time.

“Y/n?” She inquires to see if I recall anything.

"In k'iino, it's been a long time." My Sun I say this with more tears streaming down my cheeks, and I can see her eyes growing hazy as well, and I give her a long and awaited kiss.