Chapter 18 Don't you dare leave me

Shuri’s pov during the funeral

Y/n stood on my right, Nakia to my left, and Okoye on Y/left n's had a tear flowing down her cheek.  we were dressed in customary white attire in honour of our mother. Y/n blinked with a quiet sigh and breathing steadily, and she wrapped her arm over my shoulders to provide some comfort. The Dora Milaje unearthed and raised the mother's coffin from the ground. M'Baku led the way as they strolled through the woodland.

Once we get to the burial ground he put her in there and M’Baku walk’s over to me and bow’s slightly.

“Jarbariland offer’s you their comfort for your loss.” He say’s softly but I look’s away and lean’s closer to y/n .

“Why are you here” Y/n ask him

“ I promised your brother that I would provide you with counsel and protection. But I am I need of your advice today. Your tribe elder’s have approached me  with a proposition. They wish to evacuate the city and set up camp in Jarbariland.”

“ So now you are keen to hear from a Child who scoff’s at tradition?” I say’s turning my head to him.

He sigh’s softly before replying “ the world has taken too much for you to still be considered a child. It is in my people’s interest to know which way your heart is leaning.

“What of your heart?” He say’s pointing to his heart while y/n remain silent lost in my mind

“ I just buried the second last person who knew me half of my heart was buried with her and the other half is with Y/n.” He bow’s lightly before walking away leaving me and y/n.

“It will be okay Shuri don't live in the past” y/n say grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze.

I smiles back slightly “ ill see you in the dining hall for dinner”  i say before leaving.

I walk in to my room and change out of these cloths and put it in to a box and put in in my cupboard it had a painting of my family all together when half of us were alive.

Tear’s blur my vision and I walk down to the lab working on some more inventions about 15 minutes pass before my kimoyo bead’s go off with an alert and I press accept and okoye appears.

She had a panic look on her face and anxiety start’s to grow in me.

“Okoye what’s wrong?”

“ Shuri you have to get down to the beach immediately it’s y/n”

My heart drop’s and I start sprinting out the door, praying to bast that she is alright and they were just messing with me. I was wrong. So very very wrong.

I reach the beach at full speed and I see Okoye holding Y/n’s head in her lap and blood staining some fabric and my eye’s fill with tear’s “no, no, no” I say rapidly and slide over to her.

“What happened to her?!” I ask anger and fear lacing my voice.

She says shakily, "We don't know anything other than the fact that Aneka was on duty while the tribes were in Jarbariland, and she observed blood circling this one point in the water and pulled it out to see y/n not breathing.

“We need to hurry I can save her if we get to my lab” we take a talon back to the palace and start sprinting back to my lab.

“Griot, get everything ready and online immediately!” I shout at him in a hurry