Chapter 6 My favourite coloniser

Y/n walked into Shuri's lab, Okoye and Mother behind her the only noise was mothers heels clicking against the floor with each step.

"Is it just me or, does this keep getting uglier?" Okoye questioned, referring to the new suit design for the Dora Milaje that was on the holographic screen.

"It's you," Shuri said, a bit offended, from atop the vibranium detector machine.

"So, does it work?" Mother asked Shuri

"Yes. This thing can detect the altered frequency of vibranium, through water, stones, even heavy metals. Whoever built this is brilliant." Shuri explained, pretty impressed with the machine.

"Come, look," Shuri gestured to a lot of parts she took out of the machine and Y/n, Okoye and Mother looked at it all.

"Some are custom parts and others look like they are gathered from a junk yard," Shuri explained.

"I am still struggling to believe that vibranium exists outside of Wakanda," Okoye expressed.

"Perhaps, there was more than one meteorite. Our planet is covered of mostly water so it’s reasonable that the other one just landed there” y/n state’s sitting at her desk to work.

"This changes everything that we know." mother states nerved.

“the great mound, all the ledges and fables, Those stories are seared in my mind.” Okoye states shocked.

"That sounds very painful," Y/n mumbled sarcastically as she sharpens her weapon not really caring.

“ So we have to find this scientist after all, I do have an idea” Okoye said to the queen

“ Im going to need the princesses” Okoye states quietly afraid of the queens response.

“Out of the question” Mother spoke back quickly shooting down the idea “ they are in no state to be out in the field.”

“ Well I am mother but you don't let me” Y/n says to her mother while not looking up from her spear that okoye gifted her. mother looks at her when Okoye speaks.

“I can do this American operation with my eyes closed” okoye states confidently

“Its not the Americans I'm worried about, this Namor he snuck past our defences.” Mother says worriedly

“That will never happen again,” Okoye said.

"He was not alone." Mother warned.

"She'll be with me. And I have trained Y/n to be out in the field she’s almost as good as me so you know they both will be safe," Okoye comprised. Y/n looked up from her spear waiting to see mother reaction to this, she was going to come anyway even is it was agreed or not I have to protect Shuri.

"So, when are we leaving so I can see my favourite coloniser?” Shuri asked with a smile.

Y/n cracked a small smile as Shuri said that but also brought back un-wanted memories.