Chapter Eleven : Maze of Secrets

THE  PARTY OF THE DEAD

FOUR YEARS AFTER SOLAR FLARES

03.12 HOURS

Buck

I sat on my knees covered head to toe in blood that was half mine, half hers. My face was swollen, my body broken, and my heart completely shattered. Over time, my physical wounds would heal just fine, but the mental wound? That one would never heal. At least that's what I thought at the the time, and I believed it for a while.

I got to my feet, standing over her limp body with no emotion at all. I didn't even shed a tear because I couldn't care less. Why should I? Blood pooled from her mouth and her eyes looked straight ahead wide open, making her look as shocked as she looked when she was alive.

I looked to the gun I had in my blood soaked hand, bruises and cuts covering my arm. I then looked back to her in her pathetic state. That was my goodbye. My mercy was that I shot her and made it quick. That was way more then that bitch deserved.

I turned my back to the woman, walking through a door and into a party full of people infected. They danced and partied and drank and smoked. Others didn't care who saw them, roughing it hard on tables and making out next to the Crank pits. These people were disgusting animals.

I pushed and shoved everyone out of my way, and if they fought me on it, all I had to do was send them my signature glare. I brought myself to the back room, climbing up the stairs slowly with no energy. People were there too, everywhere you turn there would be another couple doing some kinky shit without care.

I got to the third level, breaking off to the left hallway all the way to the end where a door sat. I opened the door to find, of course, another couple having rough sex on the bed inside.

"Leave." I said loudly with authority and the two didn't stop.

"What are you going to do little girl?" The guy said with a laugh.

I didn't say another word, raising the gun in my hand high and pulling the trigger. A bullet rang through the man's head, the woman beneath him screaming and crying as if she actually cared about this asshole.

"Shut up."

I let the firearm slip through my fingers, it bouncing onto the floor loudly. I turned my head to the right to see a closet door locked heavily. I pulled the key attached to rope from around my neck and placed it into the lock. I heard the click and then ripped the door open. As it opened, the light seeped into the small cramped closet.

"We're leaving."

THE MAZE DOORS

DAY 367 IN MAZE TRIALS

06:50 HOURS

Buck

Minho was my bitch because he thought I was hot and would totally hit it if I let him. The thing with him was that he never made me feel uncomfortable, unlike the other guys here who just stared at me as if all they could think about was railing me. It was gross. Me and Minho had what you might call a one-way flirtatious friendship, but it was nothing more then platonic. I still loved Thomas, which I hated. I honestly hated loving anyone at all. It got in the way of my real mission.

Save Joey.

   I wanted to go into the Maze today with Alby and Minho to go search for Ben. Alby wanted me to stay behind but Minho insisted that I could go as long as Joey said it was okay. I told him it was approved, but the truth was I didn't even ask. Alby let it go, accepting the fact that Minho was in charge, not him. Not in there.