Chapter Twenty-Seven : Waterboarding

SUBJECT FARMING FACILITY

DAY 2 BACK IN THE SCORCH

12:32 HOURS

Buck

(30 minutes before Desmond broke in)

Waterboarding is a torture method if you haven't heard of it. It's the act of holding someone down while you shove them into water, lifting their head out just enough so that they don't drown before giving you the valued information you seek. This interrogation technique causes lung and brain damage in a lot of cases, but leave it to WICKED to avoid that. They always had a way to prevent me from suffering anything that could lead me to forget the information they were trying to torture out of me. I do think that the only thing they were achieving from this was my hatred burning brighter.

I could name several techniques that Janson and his men used to torture information out of me (none of them worked obviously), but waterboarding was his favorite. The things he did to me were things that not even Ava Paige would approve of. I don't even think she knew of the torture I was put through, I think all she knew was that WICKED was in possession of the Scorch Reaper. That was a big deal in and of itself.

It felt as though I had never left as my head was lifted out of the bucket of water, several parts of my body being locked down to a metal chair so that I couldn't escape. Janson stood in front of me as I coughed the water out of my lungs, gasping in all the surrounding air while soldiers blocked every exit of the room. There was a singular soldier behind me, holding me by the hair with a grip I couldn't get out of due to my current situation.

I wasn't in the glass cell anymore, they moved me to a dark dank concrete room with only one door and a singular hanging light above my head. They didn't want me to see anything beyond that beam of light, worried that if I were given any view of the room, I would be able to make my escape. The only way they would have been able to transfer me from my cell to this room without struggle was by using the chip in my neck to send me into a deep sleep.

"Don't make this difficult." Janson said, walking closer to me, kneeling in front of the water trough in front of me. "Tell us what we need, and this'll be over."

"Suck. My. Dick." I said slowly, causing Janson to let out an exasperated laugh, stroking my cheek with his hand. The only reaction I gave him was a glare, one that said without words that I was going to kill him someday.

Janson shifted his eyes to the soldier behind him, nodding his head quickly and I braced myself for the events that followed. My head was suddenly plunged into the water, a cold and bitter feeling touching my skin. I held my breath for a long time, trying my best to avoid thrashing and screaming, but eventually there's nothing I can do when my body takes over.

Have you ever felt what it was like to drown?

To feel the air being sucked from you're lungs?

Water taking it's place?

Imagine it.

I kicked my feet, yanking my head back as hard as possible but the strength above my head was too strong now that they had three soldiers holding me down. I threw my body back, yanking my arms and legs against the bindings but I was losing my energy to keep going. This was how it always went. They wait until I tire myself out and on the brink of death before finally lifting my head back up.

Janson was still in front of me, staring deeply into my eyes as the water spilled from my mouth, dripping down my drenched and shivering body. They cranked the cooling system up in this room, causing it to almost feel like a freezer in here. At this point, I was going to get hypothermia and die of that rather then drowning. My breathing was heavy and deep as I finally found myself able to face the man in front of me.