Chapter Twenty- Nine: Trigger Happy Bitch

SUBJECT FARMING FACILITY

DAY 2 BACK IN THE SCORCH

21:36 HOURS

Buck

   One of my favorite things to do after killing someone is to draw my symbol with their blood. It started as an accident where some guy's blood splattered to look like a scythe, but people thought it was done purposefully. Eventually it became a way for people to identify my kills, as if the brutalness of the killing wasn't enough. I enjoyed doing it anyway, it made me laugh thinking that in a sense, I was some kind of celebrity and this was my autograph.

   I drew the scythe nice and big across my cell floor with Vasquez's blood to really get the message out there. I took every weapon she had on her person, the only piece of clothing I felt like stealing being her navy blue cargo pants and jacket. She had two knives and two hand guns with about three magazines of ammo for each gun. That left me with about a hundred and two bullets to use, which would be more than enough. However, I do tend to have my fun.

   I walked out of the cell immediately, not bothering to look back as I continued to the hallway. I could feel her blood dry on my face, my grey shirt drenched in it, but that was something I wasn't going to worry about. By the time those cameras turn on, they'll know I escaped so what's the point in trying to hide?

   When I entered the hallway, it was empty of life, the soft blue lights taking me off guard after being stuck in a white room for what felt like weeks. I stood in the open for a while, wondering if I should go left or right, but I knew the others weren't going to be back here. These facilities like to play with you're mind, make you feel safe until they hang you up in the Harvesting Rooms.

   "Buck?" I suddenly heard coming from my right and immediately I whipped my gun out and aimed it down the direction the voice came from.

   The voice was distant and familiar, but they weren't there in front of me. They sounded as if they were trying to be quiet, like they weren't trying to get caught back here. I slid over against the hall, following along it as I silently stepped towards the voice that continued to loudly whisper my name.

   "Buck, are you in there?" The voice called again and now as I moved closer I could see a tall young figure, a doctor it seemed, and began to wrap my finger around the trigger on instinct. "Buck? Damnit, where the shuck are you?"

Shuck?

That's Glader slang.

What the fuck?

   The doctor backed away from the window of the door he was attempting to see into, finally turning to face in my direction only to find me standing farther away from him. His eyes widened just as mine had as we looked at each other in shock. I lowered my gun immediately, my hands shaking at the thought of me almost shooting my brother. His blonde hair was a mess and he looked extremally tired and unkept, but his blank expression turned to a huge smile.

   "BUCK!" Joey shouted in a whisper, charging towards me and wrapping me into a huge embrace. "Holy shit, I really thought you were dead for a second."

My arms sat at my sides as Joey held me tightly, his head dug into my shoulder while I stared forward with a blank stare. I wasn't sure what to do. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around him and let the hug continue until eventually Joey backed away with his hands on my shoulders. I looked him up and down to make sure nothing happened to him, but all I could wonder was why the hell was be back here? When I met eyes with Joey, I noticed the concern on his face and it suddenly hit me that I was covered in Vasquez's blood.