Chapter Eighteen : End of The Line

WICKED COMPOUND

DAY 2834 AFTER SOLAR FLARES

03:42 HOURS

Buck

He's so adorable when he's working.

God I hate myself

I really do

   He's so fascinated by everything. The world is like his play pen. He wants to explore every detail, understand every flaw. Day after day I watch him work on the Maze without a single thought in the world. He never stops to wonder why they have him make it, he's just so lost in his own headspace that he doesn't even realize it.

It's adorable and terrifying.

   "What?" I hear Thomas ask with a laugh and I realize that I'm still staring at him. "What are you looking at?"

   "Nothing." I say quickly, feeling a little spark in my heart when I realize that I distracted him from his work.

He NEVER gets distracted.

   "No one's in here you know." Thomas mentions to me and I try to suppress a smile.

   "Cameras."

   "I can shut those off." He said and I turn to face him and he's smirking at me.

   "You've got work to do." I remind him but Thomas shakes his head and pushed himself away from his desk, rising to his feet and walking over to me.

   His completely white clothes contrasts off of my dark black uniform as he reaches his hand up and pulls the mask I wear off of my face. I look at him with passion that I know I should ignore, because this was stupid and I was stupid...

But God damn

I can't resist him.

   "No cameras, no people, just you and me." He tells me, dropping my mask to the floor. "You and me."

And I kiss him until my lips go numb.

THE GLADE

DAY 369 IN MAZE TRIALS

10:05 HOURS

Buck

   He didn't remember me, at least not every detail. He had no idea I was the Scorch Reaper, but he said that he remembered how important I was to him. Now Newt, Joey, Minho, Chuck, and Charlie had joined us after learning Thomas had awaken. I was not the only thing that Thomas remembered about his old life, and he knew that the others had to know too. They had to know the truth about Thomas even though Thomas didn't even know that much himself.

   He told them about his past with WICKED, about having worked for them in creating the Maze. He remembered Teresa too, and I watched as all the boy's let the information process through their brains. I don't blame them for having mixed feelings about what Thomas told them considering that they have spent years hating whoever did this to them only to find out Thomas was one of them.

   "I am so sorry." Thomas looked up to them with guilty eyes. "I am so sorry we did this to you."

   "That can't be true." Teresa tried arguing from her cell, unable to face Thomas. "We couldn't have done this, they sent us up here. It doesn't make sense."

"What does it matter?" Thomas asked, lowering his head.

"Thomas, don't do that." Joey said, making Thomas look up from the floor and to his eyes. "They stole everything from you, just like they stole it from us."