Chapter Sixty-One : The Havoc I Will Wreak

TRIGGER WARNING :
this chapter goes into the sensitive topic of abuse

READ WITH CAUTION

ABANDONED WAREHOUSE

DAY 753 AFTER SOLAR FLARES

13:16 HOURS

Buck

   It's been a whole hour since my father had been bit, and though he hadn't shown many signs, we knew it was only a matter of time before he turned. While Jorge was checking my dad out, my mother pulled me into another room to 'make sure I was safe', she beat the ever loving shit out of me. She had never hit me so hard before. She was angrier then the devil in hell, and it made me wonder if she was in fact Satan.

   I didn't fight her, not once. This was my fault and I knew that. I deserved every hit she laid across my face. Joey wasn't in the room and neither was my father or Jorge, but my dad tried to get me to stay with him. I don't think Jorge knew my mother was going to hit me, if he did he would have stopped her. I knew she was going to hit me. I wanted her to hurt me. I wanted to feel the pain. I didn't cry, I didn't scream, I didn't feel a thing. I was numb.

   When we walked back out, Jorge and my father were in a heated conversation that I was able to see when I got closer.

   "You have to do it Jorge."

   "You can't make me do this Matt." Jorge signed back but my father shook his head.

   "You have to." My father signed to him again. "I can't turn, I can't lose my mind. I can't be one of those things!"

   "I WON'T KILL YOU!"

    "YOU HAVE TO!"

   I had never seen him raise his voice before, but when he did, you knew it was a serious situation. He was signing so loudly that I thought my father was going to break his hands. I still couldn't feel anything. I think my mother was ready to kill me.

I was ready to kill myself for this.

WiiiiiiiCKED HEAD QuaaRTERS

DAY 1
8
7
BAaaaCK
I N T H E S C O R C H

20.52 HoURRRRs

Buck

I walked through the halls of the WICKED labs after getting up to level thirty through the fire escape. It's funny how the alarm is supposed to keep the Cranks from escaping incase that were to ever happen, and yet the fire escape does not lock. If a Crank were to find that door unlocked, what do they think it's going to do? Close it? I should know, I am one. Not that anyone could tell. The mask helped to hide my face, and the tattoos that were visible on my neck are new so no one here would be able to tie them to me.

To these people, I was normal.

normalNnORMALnormal
o
r
m
a
LllLLLL

N O R M A L L L L

"Excuse me." I said, grabbing on to one of the scientists walking through the halls, trying with all my mental capability to refrain from breaking his bones.