Chapter 2

✨CHAPTER 2✨

"Thank you for doing this, I really appreciate it, your the best photographer at school, I couldn't ask anybody else," Hailey said giving him a smile

"Thank you for doing this, I really appreciate it, your the best photographer at school, I couldn't ask anybody else," Hailey said giving him a smile. "It's no problem, but may I ask, what are they for anyway?" Jonathan asked looking at her curiously. She gave him a grin, "It's for research." she said not telling him the real reason she needed those pictures. "Wait, your doing research on yourself?" he asked confused. "You could say that. Do you want to drive with me to school?" she asked him as she stood up. "If it's not a problem." Jonathan said.

"It's no problem at all." she smiled.

Arriving at school, after the most entertaining drive of her life, the two get out the vehicle. "So just let me know later, you know, that Will is save okay?" she asked him. "Yeah sure I will, thank you for the ride." The two walked in different direction, for some reason Hailey felt like someone was watching her, but quickly shrugged it off making her way into the school building.

She made her way to Nancy's locker. "So did the douche call you?" Hailey asked first thing when her eyes laid on the Wheeler girl, not really caring, but trying to be social for her brother's sake so that he can stop worrying. "Seriously? What's up with you two? Keep your voices down." Nancy begged the two. "...and, I told you guys, it's not like that. Okay I mean, yes, he likes me, but not like that. We just made out a couple times." Nancy tried painting a clearer picture for her friends.

"Oh, please, if he finally gets you in his bed, please remind me to tell you, 'I told you so'." Hailey said to Nancy as she also gets her books out of her locker, right next to Nancy's. "Nance, seriously, you're gonna be so cool now, it's ridiculous." Bard spoke up excited for her friend. "No. I'm not." she denied. "You better still hang out with us, that's all I'm saying, if you become friends with Tommy H and Carol...." Hailey cut Barb of immediately. "I'll barf all over you Wheeler, I promise you that." Hailey said making gagging noises.

"Oh, that's gross!" Nancy said kinda disgusted with the idea of becoming best friends with those two, she would rather have Hailey use her as a toilet. Hailey was giving her a look that shows she was very serious about this, Tommy H and Carol are the two people she can't stand. "Okay, I'm telling you, it was a one-time.... two-time thing." Hailey looked at her friend, she was just a bit worried, she didn't want her to get hurt.

Nancy finally opens her locker when a note falls to the floor, Hailey picked it up, giving it back to her friend. "You were saying?" Barb asked looking at the note in question. Hailey started to walk to class tired of the conversation, the only thing they have been talking about for days has been Steve Harrington.

°•°•°•°•°

Hailey was in the comforts of her own bed, trying to figure out her thoughts, after she heard that Will was actually missing, a part of her was blaming herself, because she didn't drive him home, the night before, and avoiding Steve as much as possible.

"Hai, do you copy? It's Mike ." her radio went off, the boy didn't sound like himself, Hailey immediately went to answer him. "Hey Mikey, everything okay? Over." She hoped the boy wasn't blaming himself, because she knows he didn't do anything wrong. "I'm worried about Will, Hai. Over."
"What do you mean Mikey? Over." She asked, "I was thinking Will could've cast protection last night, but he didn't. He cast fireball. Over." She thought about what Mike said, because she was asleep for the last part of their campaign, all she knew is everything Dustin told her briefly what happened,but he made a point in some way. "What are you implying? Over." She was curious why he was thinking about it this peculiar way. " My point is... he could've played it safe, but he didn't , he put himself in danger to help the party. Over."

Will being missing has been eating her since Jonathan informed her that they still haven't found the boy, she felt like she was to blame, after thinking everything through, she made a choice. "Mikey get a hold of Lucas, we're going to Mirkwood and we need our soldiers ready. Dustin and I will be there in ten minutes. Over and out." She said.

She gets out of bed getting dressed comfortably. She quickly goes to Dustin's room and got him out of his room, he wasn't very happy, but got out his bed anyway his sister to her car.

Hailey didn't allow any of the boys to drive on their bikes, she'd rather pick them up herself, knowing they'll be safe that way. She stopped the car close to where Will disappeared. "Ah man, this is it." Lucas said looking into the forest, getting out of the car with flashlights. "Hey guys, you feel that?" Dustin asked looking up to the sky. "Dustin I know it's gonna rain, that's why I brought rain coats for everybody." Hailey said, taking them out the car and handed them out to the boys.

"You always think of everything." Mike said giving her a small smile in appreciation. "Of course, I have to look after you guys. Okay come on, let's go look for our wizard." She said, the boys just loved it when she talked their language, they felt like they had a guardian angel, a big sister that will always be there, when they needed her. Hailey walked into the woods with the boys following. Dustin was falling behind a bit, "Hey guys. Wait up! Wait up!" he said from behind them.

They have made their way deeper into the forest and it started to rain heavily.

"Will!"

"Will!"

"Byers!"

"Willster!"

"I've got your X-men 134!"

Hailey took notice that the boys were starting to get cold, but she knew they won't give up, not now anyhow, so she tried to keep everyone as close as possible for a bit of warmth. "Guys I really think we should turn back." Dustin nervously said. "Seriously Dustin? You wanna be a baby, then go home already." Lucas snapped. "Now, Lucas, no need to get angry, Dustin is trying to be realistic, but that doesn't mean we should stop immediately either, if you think about it, it's kinda dangerous going to the place where Will disappeared, it's not really smart." Hailey told them.

Mike suddenly stops. "Mikey, what is it?" Hailey asked looking at him worried. "Did you guys hear that?" They listened as the noise got closer to where they are, pointing the flashlights towards the sound. They were surprised, not finding a murder or a monster infront of them, but a girl around the same age as the boys, drenched from head to toe. "Oh, you poor thing." Hailey said as she took of her jacket putting it over the girl.

°•Unedited•°