Chapter 3

✨CHAPTER 3✨

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asked the girl sitting on his coach in the basement

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asked the girl sitting on his coach in the basement . Hailey was confused, wondering why this girl was out there in the first place, the girl looked on edge and scared.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

The boys attacked by the girl with questions. "Guys one at a time, can't you see she's scared." Hailey pointed out towards the girl shaking. The boys still not sure what to do with her. "Is that blood?" Lucas asked, reaching his hand out, but Mike slapped it away. "Stop it, you're freaking her out!" Mike said. "She's freaking me out!" Lucas said at Mike.

"I bet she's deaf." Dustin said, as he goes and clapped his hands infront of her face, the girl jumped in fright. "Boys, that's enough, okay? She's scared and cold. Mike you don't have a pair of clothes you could borrow to her?" Hailey asked looking at the Wheeler boy. Mike went to the hamper to get some clothes, thunder struck, the girl closed her eyes in fear.  "Hey, it's okay, it's just the thunder, it won't be able to hurt you in here." Hailey said to reassure her.

Mike came back with clothes, giving it to her. "Here, these are clean, okay?" He said. The girl stood up ready to take her oversized shirt off right there, the boys started freaking out. "Oh, my God!" Hailey stopped her just in time, the teenager rolled her eyes at how dramatic they were being.

"Sweetie, see there, that's the bathroom, you need privacy to change." Hailey said, walking with her towards the bathroom, Mike standing close by to make sure everything was okay. Hailey was about to close the door when she was stopped. "Don't want me to close it?" The teenager asked. "No."

"Oh, so you can speak." Mike stated shocked. "How about we just close it about this much." Hailey left a small part still open. "Yes." The girl said.

The group of friends were huddled together in a circle, Hailey sitting on the staircase. "This is mental." Dustin said still not believe the night's happenings. "At least she can talk." Mike said trying to be the calm one in the situation. "She said no and yes, your three year old sister says more." Lucas pointed out. Hailey deep in thought trying to figure this out. "She tried to get naked." Dustin said in shock. "There's something seriously wrong with her, like wrong in the head." Lucas said. "She just went like..." Dustin imitates taking of his shirt, slamming off his hat.

"Boys, it's no time to fight about this, Mike what do you think we should do?" She asked looking at him. Lucas gave him no time to answer as he spoke up. "I bet she escaped from Pennhurst."

"From where?" Mike asked. "The nuthouse in Kerley County." Lucas told him like it was the most obvious thing. "You got a lot of family there?" Dustin asked jokingly. "Bite me." Lucas snapped.

"Seriously though, think about it. That would explain her shaved hair and why she's so crazy." Lucas said, trying to state a fact. "Why she went like..." Dustin imitates her trying to take her shirt off infront of them. Hailey decided she would wait for the boys to finish their ridiculous conversation. "She's an escapee is the point, she's like a psycho."

"Like Micheal Meyers." Dustin said. Mike was starting to get annoyed with his friends. "Exactly! We should've never brought her here." Lucas stated. "So your saying we should've left her in the dark, storming rain with no food or shelter?" Hailey questioned Lucas in disbelieve. "Yes! We went out to find Will, Hailey, not another problem!" The Sinclair snapped at the teenager. "I think we should tell Mike's mom." Dustin suggested to his sister. "I second that!" Lucas agreed.

"Who's crazy now?" Mike asked looking at the two. "How is that crazy?" Lucas asked confused. "Cause, we weren't suppose to be out tonight, remember?" Mike said. "So?" Lucas still didn't understand his point. "Lucas what do you think is gonna happen if all our mom's finds out, we were out tonight?" Hailey asked. "Oh, man."
"Our houses become Alcatraz." They finally realized. "Exactly, we'll never find Will." Mike said. Dustin imitates taking shirt off again. "Dustin, stop that." Hailey scolded her brother.

"All right, here's the plan, she sleeps here tonight." Mike said. "You're letting a girl- " Mike interrupted Dustin. "Just listen! In the morning, she sneaks around my house, goes to the front door and rings my doorbell. My mom will answer and know exactly what to do. She'll send her back to Pennhurst or wherever she came from. We'll be totally in the clear, and tomorrow night, we go back out, and this  time we find Will. What do you think Hailey?" Mike said, he looked at the older Henderson, to get her opinion.

"Are you sure Mikey?" Hailey asked, Mike nodded his head. "I'll come by tomorrow after school to make sure, everything went as planned." She told the boy sternly. Mike only shaking his head in agreement. "Come on, Dustin, we have to get home before mom notices we're gone and starts freaking out." Hailey told her brother, they left leaving Mike to tend to the girl.

*°•Unedited•°*